• 07-15-2004, 12:34 PM
    Fat Boy
    Nikon 17-55 lens? Any one seen it?
    Has any one seen this lens (Nikon 17-55 DX) for sale? No compamy has it for sale. Also if any one has the 18-70DX lens, how do you like it?
    Fat Boy
  • 08-20-2004, 10:49 AM
    berrywise
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Boy
    Has any one seen this lens (Nikon 17-55 DX) for sale? No compamy has it for sale. Also if any one has the 18-70DX lens, how do you like it?
    Fat Boy

I'd like to know the same. I've been eyeing it up all week and think its the lens for me. Wish B&H could get it in stock cause I like ordering from them. Hopefully more will start to come into stock.
  • 08-20-2004, 12:37 PM
    another view
    Haven't used it so I can't comment on it. I'd think about one myself but I'm not completely digital (yet...). Usually with new stuff like this, it's hard to find for several months.

My suggestion is to try some of the less well known stores and get on their waiting lists. Even at Calumet you'd have a better chance than B&H, I'd think. Roberts Imaging in Indianapolis would be a good one to try.
  • 08-31-2004, 08:46 AM
    Franglais
    No flourine
    Trying to recover from the news about Ilford, I asked the guy at my local pro shop what was the story about the Nikon 17-55 f2.8 which seems to have disappeared from the shops after getting brilliant reviews in June.

He said that Nikon received a batch of flourine from their supplier (the only one in the world). It was refused by their quality control and now they're waiting for a new batch. Everything's ready they just can't coat the lenses without the flourine.

Charles