Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

What is better + lighter in SLR's,the Nikon D70s, Canon,Olympus or Pentax

Which of those digital SLR's give you the best photo quality at night or in big halls, disco's without using a flash. It can't be too heavy, but I don't want a shutterlag (delay).

Could someone advice me, please?
    Thanks
    Jimmy

Poster Formerly Known as Michael Fanelli mwfanelli's Avatar

Re: What is better + lighter in SLR's,the Nikon D70s, Canon,Olympus or Pentax

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy
    Which of those digital SLR's give you the best photo quality at night or in big halls, disco's without using a flash. It can't be too heavy, but I don't want a shutterlag (delay).

Could someone advice me, please?
    Thanks
    Jimmy
    All DSLRs are basically the same. Choose the one you like best that has the specific features you want. Taking photos in bad light is very tough regardless of camera. You may have to think about buying lighting equipment.
    "Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." --Mark Twain

My name is Alex, not Eric ;)

Re: What is better + lighter in SLR's,the Nikon D70s, Canon,Olympus or Pentax

From what I read the 20D is soposed to work better in lower light than the D70s but what is going to make the biggest difference in how it works in low light is the lens.

Thread Information