Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Comparison between Sony A350 / A700 / A200

Sony is very conservative with sharpening these days, even the A700 people are doing this on, at least +1 on the sharpening.

The A350 seems to have contrast backed down on its JPEGS as well, only reason I mentioned to try it at all.

To each his own on IQ.

RGB is more accurate and less saturated on these new cameras than Adobe RGB (it was/is on the A200), which is why I recommended it this time.

If someone is going to print, I'd recommend that mode, of course. And in no way am I suggesting one set of settings that is perfect for this camera .

Otherwise, based on older past experiences, I would have suggested the opposite.

I don't see sharpening artifacts when the camera is set to +1 or +2 for jpeg sharpening, but maybe my loupe isn't big enough.

Here are some great video reviews about Sony A350: http://www.**********.com/Digital_Ca...yDSLR-A350.php

Re: Comparison between Sony A350 / A700 / A200

I don't own a A700 or 200, but I do have a 350. On my camera, I can set contrast and saturation wherever I choose, with the max settings being far too much. I have absolutely no qualms with the sharpness or IQ. This is the first camera I have had that almost all my images require absolutely no post processing. I also own a D2x, D300, 40D, and S5 Pro. My studio camera is aSony R-1.

I have posted some comments on the Sony section of this forum.

The A350 will be my most used camera methinks.

Course, all to their own.

Thread Information