Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

is this a good camera

hello i am just learning photography and want to purchase a camera that i will use for a long time...i dont want to waste money now getting a OK one and after few year realizing i should have gone for the better one at first place.

So i came accross this
    Canon Rebel T1i 15.1MP DSLR With 18-55mm IS Lens & EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 II USM Lens Kit Package
    is this a good camera with addition to the lenses i get along with the body
    let me know please

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: is this a good camera

I'm not a Canon guy so don't know how good the lenses are but the camera is a good one from all I hear and see on these forums.
    That looks like an ebay package so if it is I will caution you to make sure the dealer is a Canon authorized dealer or the Canon may not honor the warranty. Lots of grey market dealers on ebay and most offer substitute warranties which in most cases is worth the paper they are written on .
    Check our dealer feedback forums for trusted dealers.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Newegg does not get very good reviews, especially if something isn't quite right.
    Are they an authorized dealer.
    Have not had time to do a thorough search but I don't trust review sites that have nothing but glowing reports and this one seems to have not been overwhelmed by the companies hired reviewers.
    http://www.xpbargains.com/xpricer.ph...re--NewEgg.htm

They also are not authorized dealers http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/536423
    Keep Shooting!

Just for the record you can adjust the sharpness, contrast, saturation, brightness and hue within the D90 so that your Nikon will take pictures just how you like them. I believe that a majority of problems people have are that they do not take the time to learn how their camera works and all it's functions, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

jmaxphoto

good advice Grandpaw! everyone wants something so simple, but the Nikon is made to cater to the creator. the d90 rocks as well as the fairly new D700!

Nope. That's because I don't buy from anywhere without reading reviews of the site.
    Sure they do fine sometimes but there are a lot of people that have had poor experiences with them too.
    And like I said they are not authorized dealers of Canon equipment so there goes your warranty.
    Keep Shooting!

Actually newegg is the biggest online tech retailer with a very big and good reputation. For every 1 dissatisfied customer theres a few hundred satisfied. They aren't much into the imaging department, but when it comes to computer parts they are number 1.

Thread Information