Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: FAQ: What is the best digital SLR?

Quote Originally Posted by utopia14 View Post
    Does anybody have an opinion on whether the T3i is worth the extra $100 over the T2i?
    I hope so because I bought it yesterday! LOl!

i shoot with the canon 5d mark ii and i love it!

Quote Originally Posted by BDembowski View Post
    i shoot with the canon 5d mark ii and i love it!
    Welcome to PhotographyREVIEW.com! Good to see you jumping right in

The 5D Mk II is an excellent camera! Do us a favor and write a review for your 5D. User reviews are the foundation of this site and we can always use more. Here's a link to the Canon EOS 5D Mk II user review page: Canon EOS 5D Mark II Reviews
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

banished

Before you make the plunge, read some reviews and take suggestions from the forum. Don't aim too low when choosing a camera. I've never heard anyone complaining that the camera they bought is too good.

Don't rule out used and refurbished cameras from dealers and manufacturers. :thumbsup:

The simple answer is unless you are into architectural photography(View camera),or fast sport photography(many frames per second) Once you learn photography,the camera doesn't matte-rEven though I have Nikon's D200 and D50 for weddings and a Lumix G1,-I sell stock photos made with the simplest point and shoot cameras.The shot below is from a Fuji finepix S5100/S5500
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FAQ: What is the best digital SLR?-happy-mum-baby.jpg  

I think that the best DSLR is canon by far!
    However, i recently found a Nikon at godigging.com which is a website where you can exchange anything you don't want for something you really need!
    I think it's a good one too!!!

I am using Nikon's kit lenses. I am happy with them and my objective is to take pictures not collecting expensive hard wares. XD.

I think the Nikon D800 is the best DSLR with amazing sensor. I always wish to have but little costly $2300

In my opinion NIKON D600 is good. I found very good specifications and i kinda liked it. The photograps are really amzing. The D600 weighs about 26.8 ounces, but that’s just the camera body.
    If you’re really serious about photography, it’s an investment worth considering.

Thank you.

For me the best dslr is the one that does all the jobs you want it to and as few of the ones you don't as possible and fits your your financal pocket. When I first went digital I quickly narrowed it down to two manufacturers. The final decider was how it comfortable the camera was in my hands and how easily accesable the buttons were.

Well after reading all whats on here ,even back to 2004 lol. I think I'll post my question regarding the best camera to get . Since I have a choice of 9 free ones by redeeming my airmiles points , I phoned the camera store and asked which ones you could get a remote shutter release for ,and told him about my free entry level cameras ,he asked what they were and I ran down the list ,he immediatley said the Canon T5i and it was newer than the 2 Nikons ,also all kinds of lennses were available for it ..
    I mostly want to take photos of mountain summits with me standing there ,and scenes similar to that . I have no use for video,or the swing out view finder cause from my point and shoot cameras I find the sun washes the picture out. So the peek hole is fine for me . Thats what I have always used on my KodakZ710 point and shoot .
    Here ishe list I can choose from.. I added the equivelant prices ,converted from airmiles
    Canon EOS Rebel 12.2MP T3 with 18-55 IS Kit $475.00

Canon EOS Rebel 18.0MP T3i with 18-55 IS II Kit $725.00

Canon EOS Rebel T4i 18-55 IS II Kit $750.00

Canon EOS Rebel SL1 18-55mm IS STM Kit $720.00

Canon EOS Rebel 60D 18-135 IS Black Kit $1125.00

Canon EOS Rebel T5i 18-55mm IS STM Kit $770.00

Nikon D3100 Digital/SLR Camera 3" LCD Monitor with 18-55mm VR Lens $500.00

Nikon Digital D5100 SLR Camera with 3'' LCD Vary-Angle Monitor $600

SONY® Alpha A58 DSLR Camera with 18-55 Lens $540.00

Pentax K-30 Digital Camera with DAL 18-55 Lens Kit $800.00

As of right now, Nikon leads the SLR pack. Their sensors are by far the best. I'm sure Canon will catch up soon, with the others following after that.
    Volker
    Nikon D7200
    Nikon P7100
    Nikon 16-80/2.8-4 ED VR
    Nikon 55-200 VR II

Keeping it light and simple.

Hello, i have the same questions, but different options lined up. This site will not let me create a new Thread, so hope its okay to post my question here.

Im looking for my first dslr camera. I had a slr a decade ago but have not used it in some time. I will mostly be shooting sunsets, sunrises, clouds, mountains, waterfalls, my kids, old barns, architecture and so on. will never shoot sports or things moving very fast. I am interested in weather proofing housing, but its not required. I like using effects so the more the better. I want great image quality with great auto functions, including focus. Low light shooting is a nice perk as well. Thinking about getting into video, but that would be completely new to me and would mostly be silly stuff. Im wondering if all the cameras below would give me what i need, if some are overkill, or would my untrained eye really see the difference? I would like to stay under $1000 (the less the better obviously). will mostly be printing of smaller pics with the occasional larger ones here and there. the bulk would be used digitally.

cameras in consideration in order:

sony a65 - great video, nice elctro viewfinder, amazing focus or A77 - for weather proof body.

pentax K-5 II - good focus, weatherproof

Pentax K-50 - not exactly sure how this differs from above model

Nikkon D5200 - heard it has amazing pic quality and low lighting capabilities. but also heard the build quality is poor

LUMIX DMC-GX1 - i know, its not a dslr. but would this give me all i need and are the others overkill?

I am very much a beginner and will prob not use any manual settings, at least for a while until i relearn some of this. just looking to take great quality pics that are in focus with the ability to get the shot when i need it without need a tripod of having blurry pics like my crappy pentax WG-1 gives me. im tired of hitting the shutter button on my point and shoot and watching it take up to 2 seconds to take the pic, resulting in a photo worse than my android phone takes..

There are no local stores that stock the sony or pentax models above so no way to get my hands on one to get a feel and test before buying. Wondering if one of the above would suite my needs more than the other or if they are overkill and too advanced for lil ol me?

any insight would be appreciated.

Did you check the buying guide here : Digital SLR Guide - PhotographyREVIEW.com

Having bought lots of SLR's then DSLR's I have adopted a very pragmatic approach. I know that in buying a DSLR I'm getting into a system and that I will be making investments in it for decades to come. The first thing I choose is the manufacturer. Then I start looking at what's available.
    There are two major manufacturers going head-to-head - Canon and Nikon. There is a turbulent number three - Sony. I don't follow the others.
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

I am new to DSLR and my cousin gifted me Canon 7D . My problem is I am new to DSLR and this camera is Semi Pro DSLR . Can you please suggest me tutorial for Canon 70D considering I am beginner to DSLR cameras

Welcome shindek. I would suggest that you visit a good camera store. They will have plenty of material to help you with learning all about your camera. They will also be able to suggest DSLR camera classes for beginners that you might consider signing up for.
    Volker
    Nikon D7200
    Nikon P7100
    Nikon 16-80/2.8-4 ED VR
    Nikon 55-200 VR II

The 7D is a full-blown Pro model - but don't be afraid of it. All this means is:

1. It has no scene modes. If you want to use the best settings for a type of subject then you have to know how to do it yourself (hint: 95% of the time basic Program mode is good enough)
    2. It has lots of buttons and dials to directly control features that amateur cameras have hidden away in menus. The 7D User Guide explains this

I think you should start with a basic guide on how to use a DSLR. You make mistakes and you figure out how to correct them. That's how I learnt.
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

Correct Charles, no scene mode, however, unless mistaken, it does have the fully automatic exposure mode, like point and shoot and the creative auto mode which will help getting going with this camera.
    Volker
    Nikon D7200
    Nikon P7100
    Nikon 16-80/2.8-4 ED VR
    Nikon 55-200 VR II

Look at this option - a new accessory for DSLRs. gecko in indiegogo camera trigger feature

Shindek, I'm new to DLSR cameras too, I bought the " DSLR camera,and photography for Dummies" I gives the general idea of what the camera is all about. Without it I'd really have been lost. It won't tell you how to use your exact model, but the book definetly is worth the $25.00

Nikon D7100

zoelav1221

I love my Nikon 800.

From my point of view, there are various DSLR but Canon is good. As if you are buying a camera just for a hobby and nothing serious, a point-and-shoot should do just fine as they are portable, light and easy to carry. If you want to go for a DSLR, always remember the size and weight aspect.

The EOS 60D features a Canon-designed 18MP APS-C size CMOS sensor that captures such a high level of resolution; it's easy to crop images for enlargement without concern of losing detail. A major factor in reducing noise, the CMOS sensor assures that images are shot at highest sensitivity.

I'm going to start my own photography business, I will be photographing children under 12 months, so mainly still portraits. I'm wondering what camera to buy that will produce great hd images at the end.

I have had my Nikon D5100 for a few months now and love it. I'm really wanting to get an all in one zoom lens for it. I'm looking at the Sigma 18-250 and the Tamaron 18-270. Has anyone used either of these lenses and are they decent? I know you are going to compromise some sharpness of the pics by using an all in one lens. I'm not a professional photographer but still want a decent lens.. Any feedback?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information