Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

need guidance on first digital SLR

Hi All,

don't have much knowledge on SLRs.

So, need some help in buying the first SLR.

I would like to buy an digital SLR with integrated/fixed lens so that i can use LCD also at the time of taking photo, not just view finder.

in most DSLRs LCD is used for menu and review.

need some video recording too.

thanks

May the force be with you Canuck935's Avatar

Re: need guidance on first digital SLR

There are several DSLR's with live view. However the only one with video recording is the Nikon D90.

http://reviews.photographyreview.com...0-digital-slr/

Smile Re: need guidance on first digital SLR

Hi,

That's why there are "point-and-shoots! The features you described are found mostly on these cameras. There are also "compact digitals" which are kind of a mix between SLRs and basic point-and-shoots, they might be a good choice.

~As far as I know, there is only ONE D-SLR that has the ability to record video. (Nikon D90).
    ~Live view on D-SLRs isn't as good as that on point-and-shoots with a fixed lens.

And by the way, why do you want an SLR? If this is going to be your first camera then it will be overkill.
    But, if you already have some experience, then a D-SLR might work. Remember, these cameras are quite advanced.

If you do decide to buy one, there are many that have "live view", so make a longer list of features that you want. This will help in narrowing down the different choices.

Thread Information