• 09-09-2008, 01:40 PM
    anushachandu
    need guidance on first digital SLR
    Hi All,

don't have much knowledge on SLRs.

So, need some help in buying the first SLR.

I would like to buy an digital SLR with integrated/fixed lens so that i can use LCD also at the time of taking photo, not just view finder.

in most DSLRs LCD is used for menu and review.

need some video recording too.

thanks
  • 09-09-2008, 01:53 PM
    Canuck935
    Re: need guidance on first digital SLR
    There are several DSLR's with live view. However the only one with video recording is the Nikon D90.

http://reviews.photographyreview.com...0-digital-slr/
  • 09-09-2008, 02:08 PM
    A.M.D.A.
    Re: need guidance on first digital SLR
    Hi,

That's why there are "point-and-shoots! The features you described are found mostly on these cameras. There are also "compact digitals" which are kind of a mix between SLRs and basic point-and-shoots, they might be a good choice.

~As far as I know, there is only ONE D-SLR that has the ability to record video. (Nikon D90).
    ~Live view on D-SLRs isn't as good as that on point-and-shoots with a fixed lens.

And by the way, why do you want an SLR? If this is going to be your first camera then it will be overkill.:(
    But, if you already have some experience, then a D-SLR might work. Remember, these cameras are quite advanced.:)

If you do decide to buy one, there are many that have "live view", so make a longer list of features that you want. This will help in narrowing down the different choices.