Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

canon eos 350d printing

if one shoots a picture at its maximum resolution (3456 x 2304, ~ 8 MP), about large of a picture could that print to be?

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: canon eos 350d printing

Welcome to the forum.

I have made a 16x24 inch print from my 300D (6.3MP) and I think it looks great. Not sure what the max would be but that should give you a place to start.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Re: canon eos 350d printing

Quote Originally Posted by tungsteneer3
    if one shoots a picture at its maximum resolution (3456 x 2304, ~ 8 MP), about large of a picture could that print to be?
    If the photo is sharp and good exposure the lowest DPI I would print out at 72 DPI: That works out to 32 by 48 max. Small prints get inspected very closely so they have to be printed at 300 DPI or higher. Posters will not get the same treatment so you can get away with a lower DPI. I've had 8 by 10 inch prints printed at a resolution of 150 DPI and most views didn't even think that they were digital photos printed at home.

GRF

Thread Information