Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Re: Buying my First DSLR.

After spending all this time, effort, and money honing our craft and developing a style amidst millions of photographers out there, I have no idea why anyone would let their work disappear into oblivion.

I don’t think most people would deliberately take credit for photos taken by others. Nor do I think most people ever have intensions of printing web images. But I have experienced having images reposted in other forums without my knowledge and having images show up in strangers’ blogs and having images passed around in chain emails. As long as my watermark is on the images I want to be associated with, I consider it free advertising, more or less, as long as there remains a way for interested parties to find me.

Since most people do not consider what they’re doing illegal nor immoral, they don’t take the time and effort to clone out watermarks.
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

Free advertising I think does sound reasonable, makes a lot more sense than 'protecting against reproduction and commercial reuse'.

so in the end, should i just put a little crop in the bottom left saying my name in it, or should i go through the trouble of a watermark?

I feel no one would take the time to crop out a name either.

Well you saw the argument lol, there is two sides, I dont and wouldn't do it to my photos, lots of other people do though. Try it, its at least good practice and experience to build a watermark paintbrush and scale it properly to the resolution of the image. Apply it to a second level in photoshop and decrease the opacity of it to make it a bit more subtle too.

this website will provide you a great information of digital camera that will help you in your decision.
    http://digitalslrcameraviews.com/ :thumbsup:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information