Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>
    MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

Another D70 question

I just put in a PO for my department so I don't have the camera or manual yet. I was wondering if the D70 is USB 1.1 or 2.0 and if I can plug it directly into PS7 so that I can shoot and capture to get a nice size preview on my 17" laptop. I know that it happens with the D2 and D1 etc that have firewire capabilities. Sure would be cool for setting up exposures, lighting setups on portraits, etc. My second question relates to B/W repro from the D70. I'll be shooting a series of portraits for the holiday concert handbills. The director of music wants the classic tux and instrument shot on a light to midtone BG and reproed in black and white. Can't wait to try that one out. I guess I'll search old threads for that one.

MJS

Re: Another D70 question

Quote Originally Posted by MJS
    I just put in a PO for my department so I don't have the camera or manual yet. I was wondering if the D70 is USB 1.1 or 2.0 and if I can plug it directly into PS7 so that I can shoot and capture to get a nice size preview on my 17" laptop. I know that it happens with the D2 and D1 etc that have firewire capabilities. Sure would be cool for setting up exposures, lighting setups on portraits, etc. My second question relates to B/W repro from the D70. I'll be shooting a series of portraits for the holiday concert handbills. The director of music wants the classic tux and instrument shot on a light to midtone BG and reproed in black and white. Can't wait to try that one out. I guess I'll search old threads for that one.

MJS

I see no one has answered your questions. I'll try to help, but you may have already found the information you wanted. A nice place to find lots of info is in the D70 forums at www.nikonians.org (there you could find out about the usb question, I don't know the anser since I don't connect the camera to the computer)
    You can read the manual at the Nikon Singapor site: http://www.nikon.com.sg/TechSupp/Man...SLR_Manual.htm
    The camera can be connected to the computer directly but you to do more than download your photos you need NIkon Capture which is provided as a trial with the camera but costs like $100 after the trial period.
    Not sure what your question was exactly about B&W. You can't actually "shoot" in b&w, you'll have to convert your images in post processing with software.
    Hope this helps. I love my D70. And I'm learning a lot.

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

Re: Another D70 question

Thanks, I shot the heck out of mine today. I already ordered the Nikon capture software and the wireless remote control. I am waiting for the AS15 pc cord adapter to use with out studio strobes.

Thread Information