Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Thread: Adobe.....

Adobe.....

i just downloaded a beta version of Adobe LightRoom, i must say i really enjory the program its simple to use, and has its more advance features, its only a beta, but you can download it off of adobes website just thought id share it with everyone, anyone use it and also like it?

Re: Adobe.....

I've been hearing mixed reports. Here's a link to a thread that got started when LightRoom was announced:

Adobe Lightroom Software Beta - Press Release

And here's a more recent thread that was started after the Windows version was announced:

Adobe Lightroom for Windows

I actually tried to download it yesterday, but I had trouble with my Adobe id. I own Pixmantec's Raw Shooter Premium, which Adobe recently bought. Part of the deal is I get a free version of the final LightRoom software. Since I love Raw Shooter, I'm anxious to get in there and start participating in the discussions. I want to make sure I get to keep as much of the Raw Shooter functionality as possible. I'm actually bummed that Adobe swallowed up Raw Shooter. But maybe it will be alright.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

nice, didnt notice those links, yeah, i wish i got a free version i like it alot everything is right there, on the table like easy to use in my opinion

Well, I started using it today. And I still like Raw Shooter better. The one thing I didn't like about Raw Shooter was that it only worked with RAW files. It couldn't even see anything else. But we'll see what kind of functionality they work into Lightroom. Now that I've downloaded it and got it installed I can whine about all the things I don't like on the forums
    Photo-John

How can you not like Lightroom? The only way they could imrpove it is if they add real versioning (nondestructive) and add red-eye removal and cloning. But then, they will be catching up with Aperture.

This is the future of editing, there is no reason for having to make multiple copies of a file to work on it, and there is no reason to have to permanently change pixels when developing the RAWs.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Looks like a 3GHz 1G RAM P4 system isn't fast enough for it.
    If only it would import 3000 photos in less than 24 hours !
    Oh and since I need to produce jpegs for web sites, an applicaiton that can read the Lightroom changes to my .CR2 files and generate the .jpg files antumatically would be great !
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian
    How can you not like Lightroom? The only way they could imrpove it is if they add real versioning (nondestructive) and add red-eye removal and cloning. But then, they will be catching up with Aperture.

This is the future of editing, there is no reason for having to make multiple copies of a file to work on it, and there is no reason to have to permanently change pixels when developing the RAWs.
    I don't do any of that stuff now. I don't like that it's kinda slow and I want it to have all and exactly the same Raw Conversion controls as Raw Shooter.
    Photo-John

I looked at it, and it doesn't do anything that I can't already do faster with CS2 and Bridge. I use iView Pro for cataloguing, so that about covers it.

It's nice, but I don't need it for anything!

I guess for me the big thing was being able to do huge RAW edits (1,000+) files in hours instead of days is the big kicker.

As soon as they lock up this beta and put out the retail I'm getting Aperture.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Thread Information