Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Oly C3040: too red!!!

hi,

my Oly 3040 Camedia has been producing pictures both on the LCD and the resultant hard copies to be too much on the "red" side. flesh tones becomes pinkish than flesh. is the problem due to some INTERNAL chip? some internal algorithm?

i set it under AUTO most of the time. lately i tried to switch to some other white balance settings to compliment where i am, whether incandescent or flourescent or outdoors. still they come out too red.

im comparing the Oly3040 with my Oly C-350 (D-560 in USA) and they are really so different. my Oly C350 gives brilliant results, natural colors. While the C3040 just goes so red.

any ideas why?

Lots of variables

There are so many variables in the color of digital images that it's not really safe to judge unless we can see a sample. A lot of the time, your computer monitor can be the culprit. Can you post an image here? Please don't alter the image at all, other than to resize it. I want to see the color and contrast exactly as the camera captured it. It's probably best if it's an image shot outdoors, with white balance set to auto.

Hope I can help-
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

photo-john

i will try to post a pic in this forum/thread by the weekend. promise!

Thanks

I'll watch for it. And hopefully I'll be able to tell you that it's not a camera problem.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Wb

The main thing that will be causing change in color is the White balance. Like he said best thing to do is put a pictuer on the site.
    There is one setting that you may try. this will rest the camera. check to see if its on or off.
    ALL RESET - Off, On or Custom: On resets all settings to default when power is turned off, the Off setting retains all current settings. Custom is a sub-menu of five pages where you can individually select the options to be reset or retained.
    Its on mode menu. if its on then its already set to default, if its off try turning it on, then turn off the camera then back on. see if that helps.

Thread Information