Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Olympus C-5060 Samples - Santa Cruz

I've been given an Olympus C-5060 Wide Zoom to play with for a while. Yesterday was my first real opportunity to shoot with it. I took it riding but that didn't work out for photos. So after the ride was over I hurried out to the water to get some evening shots. The weather was funny. It was supposed to be sunny, but then it clouded up and even rained a little. But right about when we stopped riding, it cleared up again and presented me with a great evening for photos. And Santa Cruz has great light in the winter.

These photos were all taken at ISO 200, a setting which I don't really like for compact digital cameras because it's usually fairly noisy. That was the case with the 5060, too. But the big deal with this camera is that it has a true wide-angle lens. Most compact digitals are equivalent to 35mm on the wide end. The 5060 goes to 28mm. Since I like to shoot really wide, this is important to me. I didn't take advantage of it yesterday, but I definitely will later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Olympus C-5060 Samples - Santa Cruz-p1010020_sm.jpg  
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

A couple more 5060 photos.

Here are a couple more from yesterday evening. It really was beautiful.

All three photos were shot as low compression JPEGs at ISO 200. They've been optimized for color and contrast in Photoshop, resized and sharpened, and then resaved with Photoshop "Save for Web".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Olympus C-5060 Samples - Santa Cruz-p1010025.jpg   Olympus C-5060 Samples - Santa Cruz-p1010042.jpg  
    Photo-John

Full resolution sample

I posted a full resolution version of this image in the Digital Cameras Gallery. If you visit that page and click on the "full resolution" link under the photo, you can see the photo in all it's glory.

Santa Cruz Full-Rez >>
    Photo-John

Thread Information