Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

My camera does not work with CD card

Bought a digital camera 5 Megapixel...Hyundai HD 5020Q...has all advanced features.

Takes great pictures on its.. 8MB internal flash memory...Suggested MMC/SD for external memory.

Bought a stick of 512 PNY SD memory card...recognizes the card....indicates amount of exposures but will not snap any pictures...nor will the flash work with the memory card.

Battery power is not the problem...I also went to the format mode...I also checked the write protect mode...

once I take the card outeverything works fine...Installation of card not the problem..It recognizes the presence of the card...

Is it perhaps the camera?...Maybe that's why I got such a good buy on it?

I checked your 200 camera reviews...didn't even see Hyundai..although a recognizable consumer brand.

Any assistance will be appreciated ..a newby to digital photography

Re: My camera does not work with CD card

Take it to a camera store and try a couple different brands of cards and sizes, see if it works. If not contact the manufacturer.

JS

I had no idea Hyundia even made cameras. JSP has the right idea though. Ritz would be a good place for this because they are very customer oriented and will be more likely to have cards for you to try.
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Hyundai make Videos as well.

have you tried a card that is lower in capacity. My brother in law had a similar problem, he eventually discovered that the camera would only take up to a certain sized card, over that it wouldn't work.

That's a good idea, some cameras use fat16, and thus have memory card limits.

What happends when you try to format the memory?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom101
    Battery power is not the problem...I also went to the format mode...I also checked the write protect mode...
    ...Uncheck the write protect mode.
    ----------------------------

I bought one of these cameras at a close out store very cheap. Mine works just fine with a 1 gigabyte SD card in it. You either have a bad SD card, or a bad camera. In my case the camera was cheaper than the SD card! Be sure you put it in the right way, I recall it wasn't marked very well when I installed mine. Nobody seems to know much about these cameras. 5megapixels, but only digital zoom, will shoot 2 different resolution MPEG's though. It's my first digital camera, for $50 why not? I hope you get it sorted out. It will definitely work with a big SD chip.

Wink Re: My camera does not work with CD card

Quote Originally Posted by William P
    I bought one of these cameras at a close out store very cheap. Mine works just fine with a 1 gigabyte SD card in it. You either have a bad SD card, or a bad camera. In my case the camera was cheaper than the SD card! Be sure you put it in the right way, I recall it wasn't marked very well when I installed mine. Nobody seems to know much about these cameras. 5megapixels, but only digital zoom, will shoot 2 different resolution MPEG's though. It's my first digital camera, for $50 why not? I hope you get it sorted out. It will definitely work with a big SD chip.

Thanks William you were right on...First I bought the memory back told me it was ok. Mgr put it in another camera...then the moment of truth...put the memory in the demo...worked fine...So I wound up getting another new one...Works great...I then bought up the last two...for friends...How can you beat that 3 ..5 Megapixal cameras for $150.00 total... with all the high end features...Kind of makes you think..consumers paying big bucks for these cameras ARE GETTING RIPPED OFF...I have a 512 SD card.. got it for $35.00 at Staples...works great...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom101
    Thanks William you were right on...First I bought the memory back told me it was ok. Mgr put it in another camera...then the moment of truth...put the memory in the demo...worked fine...So I wound up getting another new one...Works great...I then bought up the last two...for friends...How can you beat that 3 ..5 Megapixal cameras for $150.00 total... with all the high end features...Kind of makes you think..consumers paying big bucks for these cameras ARE GETTING RIPPED OFF...I have a 512 SD card.. got it for $35.00 at Staples...works great...

I'm glad to see that you got it all worked out. So many times problems like this don't have very happy endings. Good to see that your ending was much better than most.
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Thread Information