Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

I need your thoughts and ideas

To start with I have had two SLR Nikon F's with FTN meters on them for the last 35 years with assorted lens. About 3 years ago I purchased my first digital camera a Kodak DC4800.

Now I am looking to purchase a new digital and I am considering the Kodak P850 or the P880 for my new camera. I will be using it for vacations and pictures of my grandson. I will list some of the things that I would like in a camera below and then give you an address to go to to see and read about my choices.

P880 http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/news...tory_3905.html

P850 http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/news...tory_3906.html

I don't want to be carrying around extra lens. I want everything in one camera.
    Wide angle is more important to me that telephoto.
    Video with sound is important.
    Use in low light is also important
    Quality pictures of course
    Fast operation of picture taking

I would like opinions on these cameras and any simular cameras you may suggest.Thanks Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Re: I need your thoughts and ideas

From that links, the 880 has 24mm in wide angle, while the 850 has 36mm, thus, the 880 has a wider lense. In the other hand, the 880 has 124mm vs 432(!)mm on the 850, which also has image stabilization.
    The 880 is capable of VGA quality (this normally means 640x480) video in 30 fps, while the 850 says nothing about resolution, but also 30 fps.
    None of the document mention sound, lens quality, or exact numbers on frame-to-frame speed.
    I suggest you the more professional sites www.photographyreview.com, www.fredmiranda.com and www.dpreview.com, the 2 links you pasted looks like manufacturer advertising.

Thread Information