Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Display nothing showing

Hi,

i have a HP RP 370, and it's worked fine for about two years now but now i just tried to use it, the display is showing but none of the buttons are working.

I tried resetting the memory card, but that didn't work. I also tried putting in different batteries. I have no ideas what could have caused this?

The camera has been in the box the whole time.

any ideas what could cause this?

Re: Display nothing showing

What is the display showing? Sounds kaput to me, but perhaps there is a work around.

Re: Display nothing showing

Never heard of "resetting a memory card," but you can reset the camera itself. That could help. I'd also check with HP to see if there's a firmware update. Download and install it. But often performance issues crop up by using underpowered batteries. Even if you think the batteries are charged, they can be underpowered due to their age. For rechargable lithium ion batteries they begin losing capacity right away after a few years, they can reach the point where even charged they can't power the camera.

For AAs, you really need power voltage (measured in mAh) of at least 2500 mAh to power your camera and get the kind of performance you're wanting.

If these solutions don't work, it may be time for a service/repair. But understand that without warranty coverage and the average cost to repair a camera being $180, it may not be worth repairing. Rule of thumb is that if it costs north of 50% to repair, you're better off just buying a newer camera - and chances are it would have more features and better resolution for the same price.

Thread Information