Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Digital photo storage

Hello, I bought for my daughter in inexpensive digital camera, one that does not have removable media. It can hold 24 high quality pictures or 104 low quality pictures. We are going on a cruise in January. She wants to take her camera but I do not want to take my notebook computer in order to transfer the pictures from her camera. I am thinking of getting a portable photo unit like QCOOL VI USB 2.0 OTG VI Digital Wallet Photo Storage. Would I be able to transfer the pictures from her camera to the unit??

Thanks

Jerry

Re: Digital photo storage

Depends on if the device your downloading too. If it can't accept the type of download the camera has, say USB or firewire then it won't work. Check the camera manual and then the manual for the device. You can normally DL a manual in PDF for to check it before buying.

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 70-200mm USM IS f2.8
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 28-300mm USM IS f3.5-5.6
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

Re: Digital photo storage

For the rpice you are paying for a storage unit, you could probably buy her a newer nicer camera with removable storage. Storage is becoming cheaper everyday, and so are digital cameras. Seems like if she is taking enough photos that would require frequent memory dumps, then maybe a newer camera with a high capacity card is in order.

Z
    Hell, there are no rules here-- we're trying to accomplish something.
    Thomas A. Edison

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    Thomas A. Edison

Thread Information