Digital photo storage

Printable View

• 12-11-2006, 07:18 PM
    JerryinToronto
    Digital photo storage
    Hello, I bought for my daughter in inexpensive digital camera, one that does not have removable media. It can hold 24 high quality pictures or 104 low quality pictures. We are going on a cruise in January. She wants to take her camera but I do not want to take my notebook computer in order to transfer the pictures from her camera. I am thinking of getting a portable photo unit like QCOOL VI USB 2.0 OTG VI Digital Wallet Photo Storage. Would I be able to transfer the pictures from her camera to the unit??

Thanks

Jerry
  • 12-11-2006, 08:14 PM
    JSPhoto
    Re: Digital photo storage
    Depends on if the device your downloading too. If it can't accept the type of download the camera has, say USB or firewire then it won't work. Check the camera manual and then the manual for the device. You can normally DL a manual in PDF for to check it before buying.

JS
  • 12-11-2006, 08:29 PM
    zrfraser
    Re: Digital photo storage
    For the rpice you are paying for a storage unit, you could probably buy her a newer nicer camera with removable storage. Storage is becoming cheaper everyday, and so are digital cameras. Seems like if she is taking enough photos that would require frequent memory dumps, then maybe a newer camera with a high capacity card is in order.

Z