Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>
    lyn

HELP-New to Forum problem taking photo

I have a Tosh. PDR 3330 Digital which for some reason does not take the photo. Camera works in movie mode, but in auto and manual, when I press the shutter button, nothing happens. Called Toshiba, they cannot help. I put in a new SD card and changed the batteries - what could be the problem? HELP PLEASE!!!

Don't know what to say

If Toshiba can't help, it doesn't sound good. Maybe you should try sending it in for repair? Or maybe it's just time to buy a new camera. Sorry I don't have a better answer. There's not much the average person can do with sophisticated electronic devices like digital cameras. They're just too complicated to fix or troubleshoot on your own. If reformatting or changing the batteries doesn't so the trick, you pretty much have to send them in.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Quote Originally Posted by lyn
    I have a Tosh. PDR 3330 Digital which for some reason does not take the photo. Camera works in movie mode, but in auto and manual, when I press the shutter button, nothing happens. Called Toshiba, they cannot help. I put in a new SD card and changed the batteries - what could be the problem? HELP PLEASE!!!
    Just a thought here... There are firmware upgrades for this model. One upgrade has to do with SD card compatibility. If you haven't done the upgrade, it might be worth a try before handing the camera off to the repair person?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by harry12
    Just a thought here... There are firmware upgrades for this model. One upgrade has to do with SD card compatibility. If you haven't done the upgrade, it might be worth a try before handing the camera off to the repair person?
    Thanks for offering some more specific advice than mine, Harry. I didn't really have a good answer, but I hate for anyone to feel ignored. Your suggestion makes sense to me.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

lyn
    Quote Originally Posted by harry12

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! : After calling Toshiba 2x (no help, they want you to pay), I attempted several times to upgrade to 1.06 version (had a bit of a problem a few times) and LO and BEHOLD!!!! I finally succeeded and my camera works just like new. In the meantime I ordered (after trying it out at the store) the Kodak 6490 10x zoom digital which was soooo easy to use and appears to be a really good camera. I haven't received it yet, because it was on backorder - any thoughts on this camera?? Again, thank you for your suggestion, which worked, because the next step was that I was going to ditch the camera since it was not worth it to send away to fix and pay for it. Again. your input was MOST VALUABLE!!!!!. ;)

lyn
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! : After calling Toshiba 2x (no help, they want you to pay), I attempted several times to upgrade to 1.06 version (had a bit of a problem a few times) and LO and BEHOLD!!!! I finally succeeded and my camera works just like new. In the meantime I ordered (after trying it out at the store) the Kodak 6490 10x zoom digital which was soooo easy to use and appears to be a really good camera. I haven't received it yet, because it was on backorder - any thoughts on this camera?? Again, thank you for your suggestion, which worked, because the next step was that I was going to ditch the camera since it was not worth it to send away to fix and pay for it. Again. your input was MOST VALUABLE!!!!!.

Thread Information