Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Question Which lens to buy?

It's been quite some time since I have posted here but always received the best advice when I was a regular so I thought I would seek out your opinions....

I have a Nikon 990 and am wanting to purchase a new teleconverter lens. Nikon offers a 2X and a 3X but I can't decide on which to purchase. I need it mainly for my kids Little League baseball games and some light portrait work. I know there are much better and greater megapixal cameras out but I don't want to purchase a totally knew camera when I am still satisfied with my current one. Any advise as to which might be more beneficial for me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Sheila

Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheila
    It's been quite some time since I have posted here but always received the best advice when I was a regular so I thought I would seek out your opinions....

I have a Nikon 990 and am wanting to purchase a new teleconverter lens. Nikon offers a 2X and a 3X but I can't decide on which to purchase. I need it mainly for my kids Little League baseball games and some light portrait work. I know there are much better and greater megapixal cameras out but I don't want to purchase a totally knew camera when I am still satisfied with my current one. Any advise as to which might be more beneficial for me would be greatly appreciated.
    It is really a matter of preference. Maybe go to a camera shop and try each one to see which is better for your needs.
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

Thread Information