Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Camera choices for dermatology photos

Hi everyone,

New to the forum here. I am in search of a good P&S for the purpose of taking dermatology photos. I want something that will fit into a pocket (no DSLRs), but does not have to be super-compact. Photos will frequently be taken in macro mode, with indoor non-professional lighting, on a blue background. Time is also somewhat an issue, and I should be able to take a number of high quality images fairly rapidly without too many adjustments to the settings. These images will not be altered using photoshop, need to be crisp 300 dpi images >5 cm width.

The top two choices I had were the Lumix LX5 and Cannon S100, but would appreciate any other suggestions unless one of those two stands out.

Thanks for any help you might have.

Re: Camera choices for dermatology photos

The Olympus XZ-1 is similar to the Lumix LX-5.

The Canon S100 seems to sacrifice close-focussing ability and lens aperture at the tele end for small size. It is the only one of the three which is really pocketable (I have a S95)
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

Thread Information