Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Question Anyone used both Sony T1 and Canon S500?

I'm looking for a good portable point and shoot camera to carry everywhere with me (trips, biking, etc..). Was considering either the Sony or Canon - at this point I'm leaning more towards the Canon but was looking for some feedback or even better camera suggestions.

Thanks.

Re: Anyone used both Sony T1 and Canon S500?

Hi there - totally new here but since I own the Sony T1 I decided to give you my opinion about it but unfortunately I don't know anything abouth the Canon! The very very best thing about the Sony is it's size - it simply fits everywhere. The pics are good, it is great for macros, LCD screen is superp, good colors, sharp images but the biggest drawback is the flashrange It doesn't flash more then 1,5 meter (sorry for my bad english!) and that can sometimes be annoying. Apart from the flash I like everything else. Ohhh, and one thing - when I used the red eye reduction mode the pics came out all very weird :/ Another downside of the camera is that it is totally automatic - you have no manual control except for over- or underexposure (+/- 2). But this camera is ofcours not for manual purposes - it is designed to be small, point and shoot!
    Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Pippi; 10-13-2004 at 09:11 AM.

Re: Anyone used both Sony T1 and Canon S500?

I can also get a Sony DSC-V1 for about the same price...seems like it has a few more features.

Thread Information