• 10-13-2004, 05:59 AM
    Acadian
    Anyone used both Sony T1 and Canon S500?
    I'm looking for a good portable point and shoot camera to carry everywhere with me (trips, biking, etc..). Was considering either the Sony or Canon - at this point I'm leaning more towards the Canon but was looking for some feedback or even better camera suggestions.

Thanks.
  • 10-13-2004, 08:48 AM
    Pippi
    Re: Anyone used both Sony T1 and Canon S500?
    Hi there - totally new here but since I own the Sony T1 I decided to give you my opinion about it but unfortunately I don't know anything abouth the Canon! The very very best thing about the Sony is it's size - it simply fits everywhere. The pics are good, it is great for macros, LCD screen is superp, good colors, sharp images but the biggest drawback is the flashrange :( It doesn't flash more then 1,5 meter (sorry for my bad english!) and that can sometimes be annoying. Apart from the flash I like everything else. Ohhh, and one thing - when I used the red eye reduction mode the pics came out all very weird :/ Another downside of the camera is that it is totally automatic - you have no manual control except for over- or underexposure (+/- 2). But this camera is ofcours not for manual purposes - it is designed to be small, point and shoot!
    Hope this helps!
  • 10-14-2004, 06:19 AM
    Acadian
    Re: Anyone used both Sony T1 and Canon S500?
    I can also get a Sony DSC-V1 for about the same price...seems like it has a few more features.