Canon Cameras Equipment Forum

For discussing all things Canon - Canon digital SLRs, Canon PowerShot digital cameras, Canon film cameras, lenses, accessories, etc. Your Canon Cameras Forum moderator is livin4lax09.
Canon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Canon Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 35mm Film SLR Reviews >>
All Canon Product Reviews >>
Canon Cameras & History >>

Cannon Kit Lense

This may not be the right forum for this thread but bare with me. I recently bought a Cannon rebel xti digital camera from amazon.com body only. I am now looking for the lens that comes in the kit. I think its a 18-75 mm but i could be wrong. I stopped by a wolf camera and they don't sell them separately but they did say that people buy lots of those bodies and may have some extra lenses sitting around that they may want to sell. Now to finish my very long story, I want to buy one of those lenses. Do any of you, perchance, have some sitting around they wouldn't mind parting with.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: Cannon Kit Lense

Welcome to the site. Do you mean the Canon EF-s 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6? I have never hear of an 18-75mm kit lens, but that doesn't mean it isn't out there. Check ebay. I'm sure you will find lots of them there.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

yes that is exactly what i mean, thanks a ton for the info and for the welcome

Honestly... I wouldn't bother with the 18-55mm EFS kit lens, its a cheap peace of junk. Go for a 28-135mm IS if you want a good starter walk around lens. Its about $400, but its MUCH better than that 18-55mm.

Poster Formerly Known as Michael Fanelli mwfanelli's Avatar

The kit lenses is actually pretty good, worth more than the < $100 it costs. I would not discard this lens or not choose to use it because of some bad comments.

The suggestion of getting a Canon 28-135 IS is excellent. I use this as my walking around lens as well and is one of the best consumer-grade Canon lenses. There should be some on the used market too. Get the IS, it makes a world of difference.
    "Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." --Mark Twain

Thread Information