Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Will visit NY and like to buy a canon eos 7d

I like to buy one Canon eos 7d and wonder if there are any good shops with good prices for this camera, in NY.

Also like to ask if some one know anything about these online shops and if they have a physical store too?

* BP Electronics (Best Price Electronics in, 60th St, Brooklyn, NY 11204 (read that any address in Brooklyn is not good)
    * Camera kings

The B P Electronics have a store, they claim, but i can find it on yellow pages or on street view on google map.
    Does anyone knows anything about that shop? Does it exist, are the prices the same as the online shop?

If i will use a online shop i will order the camera to the hotel where i will be living, I have seen the "trusted list" of online shops in the forum and so far i have BUYDIG.COM in my mind.

Many thanks in advance / Angel

Liz

Re: Will visit NY and like to buy a canon eos 7d

Quote Originally Posted by archangel_1
    I like to buy one Canon eos 7d and wonder if there are any good shops with good prices for this camera, in NY.

Also like to ask if some one know anything about these online shops and if they have a physical store too?

* BP Electronics (Best Price Electronics in, 60th St, Brooklyn, NY 11204 (read that any address in Brooklyn is not good)
    * Camera kings

The B P Electronics have a store, they claim, but i can find it on yellow pages or on street view on google map.
    Does anyone knows anything about that shop? Does it exist, are the prices the same as the online shop?

If i will use a online shop i will order the camera to the hotel where i will be living, I have seen the "trusted list" of online shops in the forum and so far i have BUYDIG.COM in my mind.

Many thanks in advance / Angel

B&H Photo in NYC is one of the largest photo stores in the world - with a great reputation - and I always tell photographers that it should be on their NY tourist visitors list of most interesting and fun places to visit. Good prices - and great customer service.

I live in NJ and go to NY frequently - I stop there almost every time I go. I also buy online from them - and have for years. Also - they are easy to get to - about 6 blocks from Port Authority.

Now, having said that.....they close for the Jewish Holy Days - and will be closed for about a week beginning tomorrow afternoon until Sunday (not too long). Here is their website - including the schedule.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

Copy/paste from their website: They will be open tomorrow morning if you want to call or go online. You have to order before 11:00 a.m. in order for the item to ship before they close. Otherwise wait until Sunday.

Our SuperStore and offices will close at 1:00PM EDT on Wednesday, September 8, in observance of Rosh Hashanah and will reopen on Sunday, September 12 at 10:00AM EDT
    See the list on this forum - here is the link & B&H is included in the list of stores that people are happy with.

Recommended sites and sites to avoid

Liz

Check out the link at the bottom of my reply. You will find Bestpriceelectronics on the list to avoid. Try checking out the link it will give you a lot of good information, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by archangel_1
    Please always take the time to check out the customer feedback and ratings at www.resellerratings.com for any store you are unfamiliar with - before you part with your cc details.

BTW please don't forget that we are in the midst of our Fall holiday period.
    Adorama NYC Retail Store schedule:
    Yom Kippur: We will close on Friday, September 17, 2010 at 1:00pm and will reopen on Sunday September 19,at 9:30 am
    Sukkoth: We will close Wednesday, September 22, 2010 at 2:30pm and will reopen on Sunday October 3 at 9:30 am

Adorama phone-sales department
    Yom Kippur: Friday, September 17, open 9:00am—1:00pm

Thank you for your understanding

NB I'm only an email away for advice and after-sales support with any order from Adorama Camera: HelenO@adorama.com

Thread Information