Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Thread: USA warranty?

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

USA warranty?

I've seen the warning about 'USA warranties' somewhere in this forum but can't find it.
    One of our new members is looking at buying from 1way photo which I advised against.
    They claim they have a USA warranty and I explained that does not mean a manufacturers warranty.
    Can anyone explain this better?
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Re: USA warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by Frog
    I've seen the warning about 'USA warranties' somewhere in this forum but can't find it.
    One of our new members is looking at buying from 1way photo which I advised against.
    They claim they have a USA warranty and I explained that does not mean a manufacturers warranty.
    Can anyone explain this better?
    Frog, I have read in several reviews that they were sold a camera with an American warranty. What the received was a grey market piece of equipment with a third party American warranty. Some third party warranties are OK but if they turn out not to be any good or they run out you will not get it fixed by the manufacturer even if you tell them you will pay to get it fixed. If it is a manufacturers warranty that is a selling feature and they will let you know that it is, Jeff

My signature is messed up! What's with that? Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

First of all company is major role in any products. So if we buy the known company this may big risk. But if we buy our products to any registered company then this is right way. So as USA warranty it depend on company. Most of the cameras company have a good warranty, for example 2 years or 5 years. So as my opnion any USA company warranty may be accepted and they give you warranty card. So in the end you can trust UAS warranty.
    Last edited by Photo-John; 07-23-2008 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Freid
    First of all company is major role in any products. So if we buy the known company this may big risk. But if we buy our products to any registered company then this is right way. So as USA warranty it depend on company. Most of the cameras company have a good warranty, for example 2 years or 5 years. So as my opnion any USA company warranty may be accepted and they give you warranty card. So in the end you can trust UAS warranty.

Regards:
    Hank Freid

Everyone has the opportunity to express their opinion here on the forum but I respectfully disagree with your statement and HIGHLY RECOMMEND a manufacturers warranty over a so called USA warranty because they are definitely NOT equal due to the reasons I mentioned earlier, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thread Information