Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Thread: Ritz Camera

Ritz Camera

Anyone ever deal with Ritz Camera? Good or Bad?
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Re: Ritz Camera

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary
    I don't have any personal experience with them but here is what Resellers to say, Jeff

http://www.resellerratings.com/store...mera_7#reviews
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

More bad than good Grandpaw. Just window shopping. Thanks. I may be getting the E3 in a few weeks.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

I purchased a few things from a Ritz store in a mall a few years back. No complaints from me. I have never ordered anything from them online, and I haven't been back to a store in years. The one I went to before is no longer there.

From what I remember, the Ritz brick and mortar stores, and the Ritz online stores are not the same company. They have some sort of deal worked out where they use the same name, and I think you can even return items bought online to the retail stores, but I'm not sure about that.

The biggest reason I never even consider buying from them anymore is the price. When I have looked at things on their site, they always seemed to be priced higher than B&H or Adorama.

I know Ken got a good deal on a Nikon Coolpix from them a while back from Ritz though.

I would feel comfortable ordering from them if I had to, but I will stick with B&H and Adorama if at all possible.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

They are very overpriced. At least they used to be. Haven't checked them out lately. You might as well go with one of the bait and switch companies posted on here. You'll probably get your gear cheaper.
    We've learned to fly the air like birds, we've learned to swim the seas like fish, and yet, we haven't learned to walk the earth as brothers and sisters.

http://www.myspace.com/johnnybukkake

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I've purchased a few small items at their nearest store when I couldn't wait to order and ordered some filters when no one else seemed to have them. In store price was high, on line price for the filters was fair. No probs with shipping.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

I've bought some stuff from them. They're really expensive though. No problems although they were priced much higher than anybody else.
    --The camera's role is not to interfere with the photographer's work--

--Cibachrome: It's like printing on gold.

--Edit my photos as part of your commentary if you want to.--

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary
    Please see my post in this discussion.

BOught small stuff from the stores before (both Ritz and Wolf). Never had issues. Havent ordered online from them yet.

I dropped off my film there and it entered the black hole. They gave me back the wrong pictures and when I told them that the pictures were definitely not mine they seemed to find this funny. After a month and half of supposedly trying to find my pictures they had the nerve to tell me that it was probably my fault!

I would never get my film developed there again. Their staff was completely unhelpful and never followed through on their promises of help.

Starting to think outside of the box icicle's Avatar

I buy though them in the store and I have no problem with them, Yes a little pricey.

Thread Information