Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    x10

Razz Photo Too good to be legit

I've read the forums and know there are more scams than good guys Razzphoto.com is throwing out prices that are hard to believe, Even if they are withholding batteries and chargers and stuff like that their still a good deal I've checked the new york BBB and have called them and checked out their address. Has anyone had any experience with them.

Sports photo junkie jorgemonkey's Avatar

Re: Razz Photo Too good to be legit

If the prices are too good to believe, I wouldn't buy from them.
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Nikon 35mm F1.8, 35 F2, 50mm F1.8, 70-200 F2.8 VR
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

They have no reviews at resellerratings.com or bbb, maybe they are new in business ?

If you've got their address, is it the same as other camera stores?
    How well do the other stores registered at this address review?

Here is a post on C|net that implies they are related to BestPriceCameras who do not have good reviews. I'm not convinced, but I would beware.

I almost bought from bestpricecameras.com until I looked them up here. Then I almost did the same thing when I almost bought from razzphoto.com. The sites looked so much the same that I had to digg a little bit more. Take a look...

whois bestpricecameras.com
    ---truncated---
    Registrant:
    c/o BESTPRICECAMERAS.COM
    P.O. Box 821650
    Vancouver, WA 98682
    US

Registrar: NAMESDIRECT
    Domain Name: BESTPRICECAMERAS.COM
    Created on: 23-OCT-01
    Expires on: 23-OCT-09
    Last Updated on: 09-AUG-06

whois rassphoto.com
    ---truncated---
    Registrant:
    c/o RAZZPHOTO.COM
    P.O. Box 821650
    Vancouver, WA 98682
    US

Registrar: NAMESDIRECT
    Domain Name: RAZZPHOTO.COM
    Created on: 10-AUG-07
    Expires on: 10-AUG-09
    Last Updated on: 11-OCT-07
    They haven't given their own address, but used the address of the names registrar, which is why they appear to be related.
    There's nothing conclusive about them yet.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

if you look at their "about us" pages, they are identical, except the name of course.

A History of Trustworthy Relationships

RazzPhoto.com has been serving the retail market for more than seven years. Through those years our goal has been to provide the best service possible in order to deserve the trust of our customers. To do this we knew we must offer competitive pricing, but we also knew low prices alone could not make our business superior. We understood that long - term customer satisfaction depended on our ability to maintain a knowledgeable and courteous sales staff assisted by the best support systems available.

These policies have made RazzPhoto.com the world's leading retailer of accessory products, serving professionals and consumers alike through our extensive warehouse network across the world. The Most Extensive Inventory

We have the world's most extensive inventory of accessories, all available at discounted prices in our online store, all of them almost always ready for rapid delivery to you. Just look at the list of our departments on the left and right margins. This only begins to show the variety of our stock. Click on any of these links and you'll find there are extensive sub-departments within departments, including every type of accessory and related supplies you can think of. We stock more than 89,000 items that are available for shipment every business day, all from our warehouse network.

Thank you for visiting:
    RazzPhoto.com
    A History of Trustworthy Relationships

Best Price Cameras has been serving the retail market for more than seven years. Through those years our goal has been to provide the best service possible in order to deserve the trust of our customers. To do this we knew we must offer competitive pricing, but we also knew low prices alone could not make our business superior. We understood that long - term customer satisfaction depended on our ability to maintain a knowledgeable and courteous sales staff assisted by the best support systems available.

These policies have made Best Price Cameras the world's leading retailer of accessory products, serving professionals and consumers alike through our extensive warehouse network across the world. The Most Extensive Inventory

We have the world's most extensive inventory of accessories, all available at discounted prices in our online store, all of them almost always ready for rapid delivery to you. Just look at the list of our departments on the left and right margins. This only begins to show the variety of our stock. Click on any of these links and you'll find there are extensive sub-departments within departments, including every type of accessory and related supplies you can think of. We stock more than 89,000 items that are available for shipment every business day, all from our warehouse network.

Thank you for visiting:
    BestPriceCameras.com
    Brooklyn, NY 11223
    the contact page is also the same, except for the number and email.

Please be assured you can reach us at anytime using any of the contact methods below:

Phone Numbers:
    Toll Free: 888-800-6381
    Email Us:
    Info@RazzPhoto.com

Please be assured you can reach us at anytime using any of the contact methods below:

Phone Numbers:
    Toll Free: 800-281-1724
    Local: 718-998-2975
    Email Us:
    Info@BestPriceCameras.com

x10

Well since nobody has anything good to say I'll spend more money and go with Cameta. I have bought from there and I had a problem with the camera and they were Super they really fixed the problems honestly and very quickly. It was a bummer I had problems but I still give them a thumbs up because of the way they handled the problems. I shot many great pictures with my Olympus e500 I hope the D80 I'm going to order is worth the upgrade

Sports photo junkie jorgemonkey's Avatar

Cameta I definitely got for. I've gotten a few items from them, and they are great
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Nikon 35mm F1.8, 35 F2, 50mm F1.8, 70-200 F2.8 VR
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

If their price doesn't include battery, they probably won't even sell you the camera if you don't buy a battery from them. Seems to be a pattern that when people just want the deal they saw they all of a sudden don't have them in stock or just flat cancel your order.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Best yet, unless you are ordering from B&H, Adorama, Beach or Cameta, if they are in the NYC/LI/NJ area, I wouldnt order anything from them.

I just received my order for Razz Photo,
    I ordered a Nikon D80 and 2 sigma lenses as part of a package deal.
    I received my order via UPS in 4 days but...

I was missing the 2 hour battery and the Tripod (part of the package deal)

I call them up and they said they were sorry and would ship the battery out asap.

I will follow up on this post in 4-5 days to let everybody know the status.

Also, while the salesman on the phone tried to upsell me, If you know what you're doing you can just brush him off, Up selling is a way of life and should be expected,

Quote Originally Posted by x10
    I've read the forums and know there are more scams than good guys Razzphoto.com is throwing out prices that are hard to believe, Even if they are withholding batteries and chargers and stuff like that their still a good deal I've checked the new york BBB and have called them and checked out their address. Has anyone had any experience with them.
    Want to know if RazzPhoto is too good to be true? Try this URL:
    http://www.resellerratings.com/store/RazzPhoto

I would pass on it.
    Michael

Well they sent me the tripod but no battery!!!

I'm on hold as I type complaining. More to follow!

I would SINCERELY like to thank everyone for posting on this forum. I was VERY close to buying from bestpricecameras.com and didn't because of this forum.
    Next best price? Yep. Razzphoto.com. Again, looked on this forum and the people here did the research to find out that they are very likely the same company as bestpricecameras.com.
    You all saved me money and headaches! I can't thank you enough. I appreciate your time and honesty.
    Happy Holidays!

After being on hold for 37 minutes, I found it is to good to be true. I was oredering package #19.... Consisted of a "new" 5D, 28-70 f/2.8 L, and a 70-300 f/2.8 L. The price for this package was $2538. I knew it couldn't be correct. After finally getting a live person, and listening to BS sales pitches about batteries and warranties, I was told it would take 6 weeks to get here. I asked why when I wanted to upgrade to overnight, and the answer is "these are grey market cameras from the middle east, and it takes that long for us to get them." So, I can only recommend avoiding them like the plague.

I ordered from them already, what a mistake. RazzPhoto.com is the worst company I have ever dealt with. They play every game in the book to try and scam you. Stay away please for your own good.

They are way too good to be true. BE WARNED.

Not that I seriously though their prices could be legit, but when I did a search earlier today for current prices on the Nikon D3 I simply had to see what the game was when I saw Razz photo selling it for $3,000 ($2,999 to be exact) We all know the usual bait and switch tactics that some use, the stalling, warranty scams, etc, but what really caught my eye when I clicked on their page was the absolutely glowing reviews that numbered in the thousands and gave them a five star rating. How could this be, I wondered?

I slowly began trawling through the 300 on view (out of over 3,700) and began to feel like I was sensing some repetition. Eventually I copied all 300 available reviews into Word, where I began doing a search for matches. Sure enough they existed - EVERYWHERE! Here's a classic example -

Lowest price available for this product (Panasonic TH-42PX600OU 42 Plasma TV). I also purchased the Phillips TSU7000 LCD touchscreen remote which is so hot! Communication with this company was exemplery the few emails I sent before purchase were answered within hours and they sent me a tracking number as son as my package was shipped out. Original box was placed inside another and wrapped in bubbles. I'm very satisfied with the order.

The first entry at number 52 purported to be from someone called Jake. The identical entry, errors and all, appears at number 86 under the name of Leah. Third entry pops up at 281 under the name of Morgan. Only difference is that the comments change on the Pros and Cons section.

As far as I can tell, many, if not all, of the customer responses are bogus, which would be staggering given the fact the total is nearing 4,000. After the entry mentioned above I started from number 1 and did a search through the 300 entires on view. It was repeated at points 176, 183 (dumb to put them so close together) and 230. Entry number 2 got repeated 6 TIMES at points 42, 76, 184, and 224. Entry number 3 got repeated at points 185 and 232. Entry number 4 got repeated at points 186 and 233. Entry number 5 got repeated at point 189. At this juncture I stopped, as I'd proven my point. It simply beggars the imagination how much more repetition goes on, as the accessible reviews stop at 300.

Basically, it looks like they have a set list of 'customer responses' that they scroll through to cut and paste in at need, on some occasions not paying close enough attention to realize they've repeated the statement too close to the previous entry.

I called the FBI, who said they can do nothing about the matter. My view is that if all is as it seems and Razz photo is filling in its own feedback with bogus entries from supposedly happy customers than they're grossly misleading consumers into handing over their trust and dollars under false pretenses. Perhaps I'm wrong in the matter, but it's certainly hard to see how I could be. I leave it up to you guys to judge.

Perhaps the administrators might care to sticky this post as yet another suitable warning for others to be VERY wary of prices that are far too good to be true. To that can be added glowing customer reviews that also seem too good to be true.

Hope this helps others to be very wary of this outfit. I'll be posting this to other sites as well as a public service.

Lastly, for those wishing to peruse the points I made, go to shopcartUSA.com and click on Razz photo's reviews on the right. Of course Razz could claim that they had nothing to do with the bogus entries, but it then begs the question of who would go to such extraordinary lengths to build up a business's image in such a laborious fashion? Who stands to gain?
    Last edited by timW; 02-19-2008 at 03:33 PM.

Yep..I'm a dummy. I just ordered a Canon 1D MK III from Razz Photo. He calls and asks which battery I want...it doesn't come with one!!! 20min 4hr or 8hr...8hr battery is 349. I look on canon site no 8hr battery. I do a little research and they seem to be a crap company. I ask to cancel my order says I agreed to a $399 cancellation fee. I'm gonna wait and see what happens, but if it is as bad as I think i'm going to call visa to get a refund.

So you all know...I just got off the phone with my bank and they advised me to cancel my debit card. Visa would have done an investigation, but if I agreed to the cancellation fee their is nothing that they can do.

Also, I tried to not order the batteries with the camera and the guy told me that the warranty would be voided if I didn't order them with the camera....sounds like crap to me.

yeah thats exactly why i dont buy anything online haha
    Canon EOS 30D | EF 70-200mm f/4L | EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 50mm f/1.8 | Sigma 10-20mm f/4 EX | Strobist gear galore

Razz Photo is simply one of bout 20 bait and switch websites owned by the same guy. I'm trying to get their ads off Google. See my post here.

Quote Originally Posted by demichae
    Razz Photo is simply one of bout 20 bait and switch websites owned by the same guy. I'm trying to get their ads off Google. See my post here.
    Dave, I just checked with reseller ratings and they have a lifetime rating of 1.9/10. not real swift. Here are some other names they use which I don't think you list in your post, these names are listed on reseller ratings:
    Broadway Photo / A&M Photo World, Regal Camera, Prestige Camera, Preferred Photo, Royal Camera, more

Just to follow up on everything else here. I placed an order with razz photo before reading reviews which was a bad idea. After reading many negative reviews I called the customer service and was told that the Canon 5d that I ordered was a 5d that was not made for the US markets. It was a different construction and Canon does not allow retailers to sell them here. That is why companies like razz photo are able to give such incredible prices. The product is misrepresented on the website. I tried to cancel my order and they tried to hold firm to their 15% cancellation fee. I told them that I had already spoken with my bank and that if they wanted to 15% they were going to have to deal with the bank directly. At that point the very rude customer service person said "fine, I'll cancel the order and don't worry about the fees." I would strongly recommend not purchasing anything from razz photo or any other business that seems similar. It's scary that this is even legal. A good reason to BUY LOCAL!!!

Thumbs down Re: Razz Photo Too good to be legit

Quote Originally Posted by james17
    Just to follow up on everything else here. I placed an order with razz photo before reading reviews which was a bad idea. After reading many negative reviews I called the customer service and was told that the Canon 5d that I ordered was a 5d that was not made for the US markets. It was a different construction and Canon does not allow retailers to sell them here. That is why companies like razz photo are able to give such incredible prices. The product is misrepresented on the website. I tried to cancel my order and they tried to hold firm to their 15% cancellation fee. I told them that I had already spoken with my bank and that if they wanted to 15% they were going to have to deal with the bank directly. At that point the very rude customer service person said "fine, I'll cancel the order and don't worry about the fees." I would strongly recommend not purchasing anything from razz photo or any other business that seems similar. It's scary that this is even legal. A good reason to BUY LOCAL!!!
    No, it isn't a good reason to buy local, it is a good reason to learn the legalities and use the law to help. If you and everyone else having problems would just get in touch with the NY Attorney General's Office ( in this particular case) and file a complaint this would soon end. It is by sitting and complaining to us; not that that is a bad thing to do; and refusing to take further steps which lets these criminals escape justice. Do you understand that Razz Photo, and any others using the internet to defraid, are comitting a federal crime? Reporting such cases to the USPO would get them on the trail and perhaps net these slim a term in the pen, which would be a good thing. If they are not in NY state then contact the attorney general/states attorney of the state(s) in which they reside. Another agency to contact would be the FTC. Also report your experiences to sites such as resellerratings.com We are the only ones who can change this but we have to put some effort into it. It is still not to late to get the proper agencies involved.

Michael

JWD

Thumbs down Re: Razz Photo Too good to be legit

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb380
    Want to know if RazzPhoto is too good to be true? Try this URL:
    http://www.resellerratings.com/store/RazzPhoto

I would pass on it.
    Michael
    My recent experience with Razz Photo was like an experience from h---! I went on line and ordered a Sony SR11 kit#4 which included the camcorder, a case, tlelephoto and wide angle lenses (although they did not indicate the lenses are plastic), filters, tripod, and a battery upgrade. Their web ad also indicated that a MP4 player came free with each order. I received a cal a few days after placing the order and the salesperson indicated that by upgrading for a few hundred more, I could ge the things which would make the camcorder more useful in terms of video transfer, tec. I said OK and that was when the trouble started. When the package arrived, there was a camcorder, standard cables and a docking station as indicated in the info booklet from Sony, and an 8 hour battery (not SOny, but a made in China brand). There was no MP4 player, and all the items listed as part of package $4 were missing. When I called I was told that when I upgraded, those items were replaced with the various cables and that that was part of the Professional package. Apparently the Kit 4 included only the camcorder body and none of the other things. Since the salesperson did not indcate those added accessories would not be oncluded when I upgraded, they decided they could send me a tele lens and a charger for the car. Nothing about the MP4 player or the other items not included. Their web ad also indicated that a free case and tripod, and one other accessory would be included with kit 4 when ordering on line. When I asked about that they ddecided they could send a camera case.

My advice -- 1. look elsewhere and do not fall for the misleading ads in which they sell you the camcorder body and none of the other essentials to make it function. 2. You can buy from Razzs if you wish to do so, but I will never use them again. I have spent several hours on the phone, often waiting up to an hour to talk to someone in t heir customer service department, and they clearly use their "specials" to hook you and then find ways to get deeper into your pocket and provide mediocre service and product.

I have purchased from J&R in the past, and they werea pleasure to work with and they delivered on what they promised without any hassle.

I called in to Razz because I had a customer tell me what their price was on a Sony projector I was bidding. I came in welllll below retail at $3699. Razz had this projector for $2399 on their web site. I can come anywhere near buying it for that price. I called and talked to an in your face New York sales guy. I asked him if that price was all-inclusive or if there was some kind of catch. He said, well you will still need a bulb, a lamp, a lens, and a cord. If you want the whole thing, it's $3999. You cannot buy a dissassembled Sony projector. I don't think you can buy any model that way brand new. These guys are scuuuuuuuuum.

Hey, I was very close to purchasing a projector from them. They had a sale of $469 for a Mitsubishi HC1500. That price is 33% lower than any other company on the Internet sells it for, not to mention less than half of what most legitimate online stores are selling it for. Boy, am I glad I googled their name to find this page before I threw away my money on them. Thank you all so much. Having communities like this, of people who look out for each other, is truly enriching and helpful. Thank you!

Marc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information