Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Razz Photo Too good to be legit

I just cancelled my order for a canon 40d. First with the battery question, then the real kicker. They asked me if I wanted to upgrade to the magnesium body for $299. I said I will cancel my order, and got hung up on.
    Next step-Cancel Credit Card.

true. I ordered a Canon from them. 2 weeks later no shipping confirmation. 2 emails went unanswered. 45 minutes on the phone on hold didn't help either. no answer. who do they think they're kidding? the worst experience I ever had buying on the net.
    :mad2:

One-Way Photo and Photo Dynasty are other outfits that are the same as Razz appears to be from postings. I've not seen any positive review from any legit source (as opposed to those 4,000 or whatever phony reviews discussed in another posting -- good work on that). I concur in suggetion to advise NY atty gen; suggest also a short note to the atty gen in your own state or any U.S. atty that you might know. The kind of sales pitches and bait/switch tactics used by these outfits are not legal but won't get any attn from enforcement types w/o consumer complaints.

Got a supposed nice deal on a Sony Alpha DSLR. Some guy calls me a few days later to sell me a battery, lens, and a bunch of other stuff. I was a little confused about having to buy a battery but i bought it anyway. Also got a faster delivery option. Next day I see that my card was billed so I'm thinking "cool. It's been shipped. should get it in a few days."

A week or so later, no camera and no tracking info available. Called customer service and waited 45 min to talk to someone. The Customer Service Rep. told me that it was was being shipped today and quickly ended the phone call.

Fortunately, the camera works and hopefully the warranty is legit but based on that experience plus all the other horror stories ive read, i don't think I'll be doing business with them again.Scary thing is i actually though about buying that Mitsubishi 1500 projector from 'em too. I could have been outta some major bucks right now.

I had very bad experience doing business with them, they were lying to me every time I called them, telling me that: my order is ready to ship, ...we'll ship it tomorrow, switching me from person to person and to two another persons, and finally or disconnect me or to live a message, not answer me when I sent them email request what is going on with my order.
    No one told me that it's back ordered and they'll get it in approximately 2 weeks. It took me 7 days till I found it- when I requested "overnight shipping". :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Thumbs down Re: Razz Photo Too good to be legit

Quote Originally Posted by bannont
    I just cancelled my order for a canon 40d. First with the battery question, then the real kicker. They asked me if I wanted to upgrade to the magnesium body for $299. I said I will cancel my order, and got hung up on.
    Next step-Cancel Credit Card.
    No, don't just cancel the credit card! Call your bank/card issuer and file a complaint with them against Razz, or any other company who practise this kind of scam. If enough people complain to CC companies then Razz will find itself unable to take credit cards for payment.

For crying out loud, people, learn how to protect yourselves against scum like Razz. If you cancel an order they CANNOT charge you a restocking fee and if you receive the item and it is not as claimed then you may return it and they have no right to charge a restocking fee! This is fraud and there are laws against it!

You have rights under the law, all you have to do is file complaints instead of sitting on the phone endlessly and being insulted and/or threatened. The FTC, the USPS, the FCC, and other legal agencies are there to protect you, learn to use them and get these Ba****ds out of business. :mad2:

Even better, learn to use sites such as Resellerratings ( http://www.resellerratings.com/ ) to check out any company whith whom you are considering doing business. You might want to copy this and paste it to stick on computer and mail to all your family/friends who may be thinking of doing business on the internet. I have been doing business on the web for many years and have yet to get screwed, just because I practise what I am preaching.

Another step you should all take, is to rate every purchase or attempted purchase on reseller ratings. This is the only really reputable ratings site of which I know and I use it all the time. Every purchase I file a report even if it is on the same seller on whom I've filed previously. Some sellers do change and screw up once in a while. Tell us about it and what the seller did to rectify the situation.

Thanks
    Michael
    Last edited by mikeb380; 08-30-2008 at 03:22 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information