Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Need some help/advice...

So a relative of mine has been wanting to get a new camera. They had been eying an Oly E-410. I got an email tonight from them all excited that they ended up ordering their camera this evening and got a great deal from... BROADWAY PHOTO :cryin: I immediately filled them in on Broadway and directed them to several horror story threads here. What do you think they should do at this point? Wait for them to pull the "bait and switch" then get them to cancel their order? or....?
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr
    Please do not edit my photos, thank you.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Need some help/advice...

If I had bought the camera and you called me to fill me in I wouldn't wait but would call and cancel before they called me. And I'd call my credit card company too.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Lao

Advice every friend or relative to use resellerratings.com for every online purchase from now on.

I almost got screwed by Bwayphoto. I hope I don't get a fake payment for them later and have to go through the "reject payment" bank process.

Thanks guys. I've filled them in all that I can and pointed them to B&H and Adorama. We'll see how it turns out. Keep your fingers crossed
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr

What Frog suggested is exactly what I was going to say. You may want to send them this link so they can get more information, Jeff

Recommended sites and sites to avoid
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks Grandpaw. Yeah, I sent them links to that thread as well as several of the Broadway horror story threads. I then sent them links to the same cameras at B&H and Adorama. We'll see how it turns out
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

I had this same thing happen to me a couple weeks ago at work. A coworker was thinking of getting a new camera because their DRebel had broke and it was going to cost $300 to fix. I told them B&H had the XTi for about $520. A couple days later she stopped at my desk and said she found it online and ordered it for 3 hundred and something dollars. The red flag went up right away. She ordered it from Express Camera. I told her right away what she was in for, and showed her some horror stories about them. I told her to expect an email asking her to call them to verify the order.

It wasn't long and she got an email from them. She was lucky tho. The email said that they had oversold that camera, and so they canceled her order. She then turned around and bought the camera on Amazon.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Thanks Mike. I hope everything works out as easily in this case as it did in your co-workers case
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Me too! I was really surprised how well my coworkers situation turned out. After reading the horror stories I sent her, she was pretty happy about it too.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by mjs1973
    I had this same thing happen to me a couple weeks ago at work. A coworker was thinking of getting a new camera because their DRebel had broke and it was going to cost $300 to fix. I told them B&H had the XTi for about $520. A couple days later she stopped at my desk and said she found it online and ordered it for 3 hundred and something dollars. The red flag went up right away. She ordered it from Express Camera. I told her right away what she was in for, and showed her some horror stories about them. I told her to expect an email asking her to call them to verify the order.

It wasn't long and she got an email from them. She was lucky tho. The email said that they had oversold that camera, and so they canceled her order. She then turned around and bought the camera on Amazon.
    I have personally have used Amazon several times over the years with very good results. The reason I do not put them on the recommended list is because a lot of the time you are getting your item from an undesirable third party. I have looked at a particular item that was by AMAZON only to see it sold by someone else 20 minutes later. If you use Amazon my suggestion is to make sure you are actually buying it from Amazon themselves or another recommended site through them, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thread Information