Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: FotoConnection or ExpressCameras?

I would rather do business with a man on the street corner than with FotoConnection. they are liars and will rip you off. If you like loosing money and to be lied to, than this is the place to do business. there is no customer servers and everything they put in writing is double talk and mean nothing. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THAT STORE!!!!!!

Have to add my negative on Fotoconnection! Shame on me, since I normally come here to see what all my buddies have to say, but I was in a hurry and this is what happens when you're in a hurry:

Have to add my disappointment to everyone else's! These guys are bait-and-switch pros and crooks. I ordered a 50mm Nikkor 1,4D AF lens. Got the confirmation along with the same "call us immediately to confirm" email. We call and get the hard upgrade sell. We decline. Then nothing. Well, after 5 days, I call back to get status, and find out that they are out of stock, it's supposed to ship directly from Nikon on Tuesday, April 1 (gee, I should have known it was a joke, eh?) and that I would have it by Friday in time for the wedding I am shooting. They would call.

I never get the call. I call them today and they tell me 1) that the product has not shipped because they only have AF in stock, and I ordered a manual. WHAT???? He (Bobby) said it was why it was so cheap. Then he tells me 2) that the AF is something like $130 more expensive so if that's what I want I have to pay more. So, I go ballistic and he tells me that he's not cancelling my order until I stop talking like some sort of lunatic. SOB!

So, I call back (he hung up on me) and I wait until I can talk to a manager. I finally get one and I tell him my issues. He doesn't seem all that concerned but at least he was listening somewhat. He tells me that the order was cancelled by the first guy I talked to. I let him know that I am about to get online and blast them for being crooks and he apologizes again.

He calls back about 5 minutes later to tell me that they do have two AF lenses in stock but that I would have to pay for the shipping if I wanted them by Friday. I told him that we were done and I hung up.

What a bunch of crooks!! I don't know how they could still be in business.

Thanks for letting me rant!
    Dee
    www.amomentisforever.com

I'm leaving my husband for my D3X! I'm in love!!!

Please, feel free to edit the images I submit for critique. I'm a visual kind of gal!

Fotoconnection is "scam city", When I ordered my Fuji s8000fd from them, they said it was the "UK version" and that lt did not take AA batteries like the US version, I knew that was a crock of you know what. Any company who calls you up to verify your order, HANG UP AT ONCE!! Anyone associated with them should be in jail or worse.

Barry

Proud new father of a k200d as of 4/08/08
    and Sigma 70-300mm zoom, have a cigar

I recently purchased Package #3 for the Canon Powershot SD870IS digital camera with accessories from FotoConnection. I received the order yesterday, and was very disappointed. The accessories were very cheap and looked like nothing that was represented on the website. Today I called for an explanation. I spoke to a man who said he was a supervisor at ext. 2043.

He made the following statements....

1) The photos of the accessories are only representative of what they might send out. (Please note that there is nothing stated on the website that these are representative photos of other products. Also, if you look up those items, they are expensive. However, I received accessory items that could be bought at the local $1 Store for pennies.)

2) I can return everything, but I would have to pay the return shipping fee and, in addition, a 15% restocking fee.

Again, this is a gross misrepresentation of their products. They state that Package #3 is valued at $866.00 and they sell it for $309.00. I didn't even receive items that when added together cost the additional $70.00 that I paid for them.

Complaint against fotoconnection.com - On 07-08-08 I placed an order for 2 - Canon SD1000 cameras. Quoted $19.38 shipping. I received an email asking me to call 800-457-0889 to confirm my order. A "Sam" then proceeded to attempt to sell me accessories, a longer lasting rechargeable battery and battery charger. I told him no thanks. He then said there will be an additional $20.00 per camera for shipping insurance and that this was a good idea. I told him that I did not care for shipping insurance and I would but it elsewhere if that was the case. He said I would be charged this amount anywhere I go. I told him I begged to differ. He then said he would throw in the accessories that he offered to sell me previously (a longer lasting rechargeable battery and battery charger) for free to make it up to me. I told him no that I now just wanted to cancel my order. He said okay but there will be a 15% restocking fee since he has processed my order! Do I have to say anymore about the shady practices that this company has in store for "customer" (victims). I have filed a dispute with my credit card company. If I had done a small amount of research on this company I would have found that this behavior is their normal mode of operation and they are getting away with it daily to the dread of unsuspecting customers all over the USA. Internal terrorists.

Prague, the Czech Republic (in Europe :-))

Oh great, just ordered a Nikon D60 from them... Stupid me, usually I try to do research on the places I buy from BEFORE I buy from them :-/. But I got a bit suspicious already when they didn't redirect me to a secured site for the payment... I'd like to cancel my order now, do you have any suggestions? Should I just ignore their attemtps to make me call them? Will they charge my card or not? Thanks for your replies!

Prague, the Czech Republic (in Europe :-))

(I mean FotoConnection.com ...)

Quote Originally Posted by jan.bartos
    Oh great, just ordered a Nikon D60 from them... Stupid me, usually I try to do research on the places I buy from BEFORE I buy from them :-/. But I got a bit suspicious already when they didn't redirect me to a secured site for the payment... I'd like to cancel my order now, do you have any suggestions? Should I just ignore their attemtps to make me call them? Will they charge my card or not? Thanks for your replies!
    I canceled my order when I tried to tell them that there was no difference between a "US version" of the Fuji s8000fd I was ordering and the "UK version" they were selling, in other words, they tried to sell me a battery pack they didn't work in the camera, the Fuji takes AAs and trying to explain that was in vain, this was after they called me to say my credit card was no good (HUH???) I slammed down the phone after I yelled "JUST FORGET IT AND CANCEL MY ORDER ANYWAY!!"

Good Luck
    Barry

I would call your credit card company though.

I too wish I found this site before going to Fotoconnection to purchase my camera. I ordered a Canon Powershot SX100 IS from them at a great price of $215.00 plus $12.95 shipping, next day I get an e-mail telling me there was a problem with my order please call us back, so I called and the rep said Oh were sorry there was no problem we were gone today and our computers went wild sending all of these notices out, so I figured OK, then the bait and switch thing started, saying I needed batteries for it, and a larger memory card, etc. I said no I have everything I need for it already.
    Then he started explaining how the batteries and memory card with the unit is small and the batteries won't last, I told him again I wasn't interested, finally he said OK, he said it would ship out today and thank you, that was 10-2-08 in the morning.
    Well next day 10-3 I checked my e-mails, guess what another e-mail from them saying please call us to promptly process your order, so I called and cancelled the order, 3 days later and they still haven't placed my order, he just asked why and I told him, we contacted our credit card company on them also.
    What got me suspicious in the beginning was when I first placed the order and they sent me an e-mail confirmation of my order, and at the bottom it said below this statement is a copy of the order you placed with us giving you the details, well there was no copy of what I ordered, and when going to thier site and logging in and checking on my order there was no record either, just an order number but no proof of what I purchased and the shipping type I picked.
    So it looked like to me that they weren't done with me yet and wanted to add more goodies to my order, then I started to do some research online about this place, I know I was stupid I should have done this first, But lucky for me your site came up first in the search engine and here I see all kinds of people going thru the same thing I was.
    So I thank you for your help, and to anyone thinking of buying from Fotoconnection please don't waste your time, they are not worth the lower prices, and by the time they upsell you to all the over priced add-ons you'll be way beyond what you ever thought of paying for your item.
    Now we will see if they still bill our credit card and claim there was a computer glitch again and say: you sure you don't want the camera and a 250.00 4 gig memory card that you can get at walmart for 40.00 or so? yea right Thanks all

FotoConnection.com basically stole $170 from me!

They are the absolutly worst company I have ever dealt with.
    They basically stole $170 from me!

Back in July, I ordered a digital camera.
    it is now Nov, almost thanksgiving, and I still have yet to recieve anything.

I bought the camera elsewhere, and fotoconnection keeps telling me that they are refunding my credit card.
    But nothing ever happens.
    I've called every week, no results.

They are thieves, and I am glad I only got burned for the $170.
    It could have been a lot worst.

Save yourself the trouble and never do business with fotoconnection.com

Re: FotoConnection.com basically stole $170 from me!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight187
    They are the absolutly worst company I have ever dealt with.
    They basically stole $170 from me!

Back in July, I ordered a digital camera.
    it is now Nov, almost thanksgiving, and I still have yet to recieve anything.

I bought the camera elsewhere, and fotoconnection keeps telling me that they are refunding my credit card.
    But nothing ever happens.
    I've called every week, no results.

They are thieves, and I am glad I only got burned for the $170.
    It could have been a lot worst.

Save yourself the trouble and never do business with fotoconnection.com
    You seem very calm considering what they have done to you, I'd be furious, the $170 could have gotten you extra camera equipment. Surprised the New York attorney general hasn't shut them down, I'm even mad that when I got my first issue of Shutterbug magazine in the mail, they has a 2 full page spread in the middle of the magazine. I WILL NOT renew, they should have screened them before placing an ad in their "classy" publication.

Barry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information