Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Fotobestbuy; Rowa and Suntec optics

Hi, I'm new here. I've been looking at some lenses for my Canon Powershot S3 IS on ebay. I found some from Fotobestbuy. Does anyone know anything about these guys? (I haven't been reading too many glowing reports of ebay dealers...) The lenses are Rowa Optics and Suntec Optics. Does anyone know anything about these brands? I'd like to get some lenses for my camera to get better use out of it and have a little more fun. I'm looking on ebay since I'm on a relatively tight budget, but I also don't want to get cheap lenses that are crap (and a waste of money). Any help anyone can give me is most appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Fotobestbuy; Rowa and Suntec optics

I have the same question as you about buying additional lenses (for a Fuji 6500). Did you get any off-line feedback or buy the Suntec from Ebay. If you did buy them, what was your impression of them?
    Thanks

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I'm not the most informed about quality lenses but I do pick up from reading this and other forums. I figure that if I have never heard of them, they are probably cheap and not quality lenses. Just an opinion.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Quote Originally Posted by bosun
    I have the same question as you about buying additional lenses (for a Fuji 6500). Did you get any off-line feedback or buy the Suntec from Ebay. If you did buy them, what was your impression of them?
    Thanks
    No, I never did buy the lenses, so I have no idea how good they are. Probably not very good, as they were quite cheap and there seem to be a lot of similar lenses on ebay for the same prices.

donacia,, I have purchased from them before and have no complaints in fact I recomend them, the only reason I am on here is I have bought a new bigger better digi camera and I am after new lenses for that camera so I have come back to them. must be good as I don't buy rubbish.

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

I wouldn't touch them, they're names I've not heard of and I believe you get the quality you pay for.
    I couldn't find either manufacturer on the web, that puts me off straight away.
    The only other reference I could find was someone one flickr saying that the wide angle adapter didn't suit their camera.
    From the ebay website product pictures the lenses for every different make of camera look identical, and I would expect there to be some apparent differences because of the different focal lengths of the wide range of cameras.
    I think the photos for several products don't even show what is being described, as the lens is mounted on a different camera and the mounting tube required (e.g. for the G9) is nowhere in evidence.

Personally, I would stay away from them.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I consider hannaballectors post quite suspicious.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Frog
    I consider hannaballectors post quite suspicious.
    I would like to second that statement, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thread Information