Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Canon 5D from BNS Express.com?

Has anyone purchased from BNS Express? They are advertising a Canon 5d on the internet for $2125.45, not as low as the bestprice gang o' thugs, but low enough to be both tempting and perhaps a red flag. Also, their site says that price includes all the standard in-package stuff, like battery, charger, manual, software, and one-year limited warranty. I typed in TBA Express.com, and was rerouted to BNSexpress.com. Anyone ever heard of them, or more importantly, dealt with them? I'm going to call them and see what they say over the phone.

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever actually gotten equipment from the bestprice boys and related sites, or are they a complete scam and don't even have the products?

Re: Canon 5D from BNS Express.com?

BNS doesn't have anyone answering their phones, which is a bit strange. Also, this thread detailing the problems someone encountered while buying a big screen tv from them indicates they are perhaps another fraud site:

http://www.bigscreenforums.com/forum...cfm?which=6270

I have a friend who bought his Canon 30D form them about a month ago. Needless to say he actually got what he was ordering... but he has this wonderful story about how.. if you buy teh 5 year warranty then you get one of the models that is made in China as opposed to being made in Taiwan where there are less quality control checks. All said and done with epress shipping he spent $4900 US on the body 2 lenses, L-grip, 2 bateries (which are apparantly NOT included in the box*WRONG*) , camera bag and various assorted filters and such.

I priced it locally and discovered that

A- battery IS included
    B- All the cameras are made in China
    C- the local warranty is more inclusinve AND better backed as you can actually walk in with your unit and have it replaced no question asked if you see them more than twice no matter what the issue
    and D- I could have got the same package for $4500 CDN
    Shooting with an Olympus Evolt E-510 and loving it

Equipment list:
    Olympus Evolt E-3, E-620, E-500
    Olympus Zuiko 40 - 150 F4.0 - 5.6
    Olympus Zuiko 14 - 45 F 2.8 - 3.6
    Sigma 50 - 500 F 4.0 - 6.3
    Sigma 70 - 200 F2.8
    Olympus FL-38 Flash x2
    Vivitar 285 HV
    Better Beamer Flash Extender

http://www.jdtimages.ca/

A Photographer that is fluent in Sarcasm.

I don't know. The rule is, "If it seems to good to be true, it probably is."

I'd rather spend a couple hundred more for the peace of mind.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Did your friend really receive his product from BNS express? After my dealings with them, I have every reason to believe they are purely a scam. If he really did get his camera, from BNSexpress.com, I would really like to know more details of his experience. I ordered a D200 from them two weeks ago and as soon as they got my money, they stopped responding to my email attempts to obtain a tracking number. Needless to say I'm still without the camera.

I have reported them to the FBI/IC3 for investigation. Any add'l info you or your friend can provide would be great!

Thread Information