Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Best Price Cameras

Best Price Cameras [infinitiphoto.com, jandkcameras.com] are all the same company!

I checked on reseller ratings http://www.resellerratings.com/rlist-s1-n2.html

and these companies are terrible! Best Price has a rating of 0.5 out of 10.I've looked at them before and they post phony ratings sites, "Ratings Planet" and "Geo trust" both ratings sites belong to best Price.

I think if they were the last company on earth I'd do without
    Michael

JMT

Re: Best Price Cameras

Here is an e-mail I just sent to Best Price Cameras. I wish I would have done my homework before making a purchase. I will never ever buy form them again.

I have little faith that you will even get this email but what the heck.

I purchased a Nikon camera and lens from your company in February 2007. My total purchase price was $1739. Included in that price are a number of things, one of which is a warranty. I was never informed at time of purchase that the warranty only covered my camera, but to my surprise, I find that out when I need repairs. It really makes no sense that I would make $1700 purchase and not spend a $100 more for a lens warranty. I was up-sold on the lens itself, from plastic to glass, so why would I not buy a warranty. I really wonder at this point if I even received a glass lens.

The bottom line is, my lens needs repaired and I have no warranty. To make matters worse, when I called this morning to ask about a manufacture warranty I was transferred from person to person for over 20 minutes and eventually hung up on. Once I did reach a person (Jamie) I was informed that I could purchase a new lens and warranty for the bargain price of $400.

In my experience, often times an owner of a company does not know when these situations occur. Usually they are very appreciative of the information so they can make positive changes in their company. Sometimes the owner is the problem. I have no idea which type of owner you are but wanted to give you the opportunity to take the information and make a choice.

Sincerely,

JMT I hope you have some success with your problem, if not, call the attorney general and file a complaint with them. You could enclose your message to them with the complaint. Usually you can get results by going this route. another avenue to pursue is the postoffice as this constitutes using the mail to defraud. PO doesn't like that. If it were me, I'd go both ways at the same time. One other thing you might do is send a registered letter, signature required to the store owner. You may be able to find out the owners name through public records.

BTW, since Best Price are in Brooklyn, NY the NY State Attorney (Attorney General?) will be very helpful. They helped my wife several years ago to settle some problems she was having with a merchant.

I hope all this helps you, Keep us posted
    Michael

I sincerely wish I had found this website BEFORE I gave them my order and cc info on Nov. 3. I too experienced the sales job of the "extra" items to purchase and declined. I was originally told I would have my Nikon D40X in two weeks at the time the order was placed. Yesterday (Dec. 7) I called to inquire about my order again and was told it was still on backorder and she "could not create a camera for me" before she hung up on me! I waited an hour and called back again hoping to get a different rep, which I did. When I questioned the loud laughter in the background "Lloyd" asked me what concern was it of mine if his co-workers were having fun? I knew I at that point I was getting no where so I hung up. Almost immediately the phone rang and it was Lloyd asking me again what concern was it of mine if his co-workers were having fun! I told him never to call me again. Almost immediately I received TWO emails from them stating: "
    Dear Valued Customer,

Your order has been cancelled at your request. Your credit card has not been charged. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. you."

Sincerely
    Best Price Cameras
    1-800-281-1724

UNbelievable! After reading some of the other posts I have now called my cc company and put them on notice not to accept any charges from these scam artist.

It is unfathomable that people like this are allowed to continue doing business. I pray to God that no one else is subject to the same frustration and humiliation from these people.

Ms Cyn
    The reason they are still in business is that people do not complain to the authorities about them. If everyone ( or even 20%) compained to the NY Attorney General and post office about them they would be out of business. There is still time for you to do that. Please take the time to do so and help put them out of business. Send copies of their correspondence to you and you to them as well as this description of the exchange between you and Lloyd.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb380
    and these companies are terrible! Best Price has a rating of 0.5 out of 10.I've looked at them before and they post phony ratings sites, "Ratings Planet" and "Geo trust" both ratings sites belong to best Price.
    I highly doubt that they own either Ratings Planet or GeoTrust as both are rather large independent companies. Geotrust is huge and does all kind of security & ssl business and Ratings Planet seems to have tons of other merchants reviewed both positively and negatively. I bet scum merchants like best price pay someone to write fake reviews on these types of sites. Onviously both geo trust and ratings planet need to do a better job of monitoring their ratings before their sites are deemed worthless due to all the fakes...

I placed an Order on August 14 for a Sony FX1e Bronze Package. I called about a month ago and they said it was on backorder and would be another 2-3 weeks. I called back about 2 weeks ago asking what was going on and then they said they wont be able to ship it out till January/February or 2008. Now i called today to check up and it just keep beeping like i was calling a number that didnt exist. I went to the website and checked the numbers again and called both with 2 different phones and the same thing happened. I hop they didnt go out of business because im screwed if they did. Please help me out.

Quote Originally Posted by vulturemg
    I placed an Order on August 14 for a Sony FX1e Bronze Package. I called about a month ago and they said it was on backorder and would be another 2-3 weeks. I called back about 2 weeks ago asking what was going on and then they said they wont be able to ship it out till January/February or 2008. Now i called today to check up and it just keep beeping like i was calling a number that didnt exist. I went to the website and checked the numbers again and called both with 2 different phones and the same thing happened. I hop they didnt go out of business because im screwed if they did. Please help me out.
    I would try getting in touch with your credit card company and see what they can do for you. Get sales from this company stopped or get refunded any money that has already been charged, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by scottF2001
    I highly doubt that they own either Ratings Planet or GeoTrust as both are rather large independent companies. Geotrust is huge and does all kind of security & ssl business and Ratings Planet seems to have tons of other merchants reviewed both positively and negatively. I bet scum merchants like best price pay someone to write fake reviews on these types of sites. Onviously both geo trust and ratings planet need to do a better job of monitoring their ratings before their sites are deemed worthless due to all the fakes...
    Scott, when I said I thought they owned the rating sites, it was because I clicked on the icons and they were dead. Connected to nothing. I got the web address and went to both sites and one of them had only one rating for Adorama and none for B&H. Smelled kinda fishy to me. Since I had never heard of them before I took for granted that they were phony as they gave Best Price a great rating.

Michael

All info here is correct. Best Price Cameras really are good scam artists. They (of course, what was I thinking, too good to be true), won't ship just a Nikon D80 10.2 body {$250 advertised}. Talked to four different scam guys, all eventually resulting in them hanging up. Everything from-- it's still on back order to they all sold out for Valentine's Day--except we have the US model for $900 etc. When confronted with "of course you don't just send a body at this price," all spun their answers except one who said:

"Ya we don't do that." And when I got angry said, "Don't hate the play hate the game!"

Tried to cancel order and they put me on hold. Finally pressed random extention number and got a woman who cancelled order...... Unbelievable.

Cheers

Unhappy Re: Best Price Cameras

Paul, report them to the USPS as this constitutes mail fraud according to law, and USPS is in charge of it. They can prosecute on the fraudulent advertising.

The only way we'll ever get rid of people like that is if we, everyone, report it every time it happens. Report to FCC, to FTC, USPS, AG in NY ( very helpful people there) also report to their ISP that they are committing fraud and file a complaint with Better Business Bureau.
    Michael

Cool Re: Best Price Cameras

We all are victims of bestpricecamera.com, with virtually the same story. Here is what I did. I contacted the New York Attorney General's Office, the US Post Office internet fraud department, AND the FBI, which has an internet fraud department. I then Googled "contact Dateline" and "contact 60 Minutes", I got their email addresses and suggested a story. Also, I've been going to EVERY camera store review site I can find and posting reviews on these guys. Below are the government links to file complaints. By the way, Monday I'm going to contact my State Attorney General and my local Congressman's office, it's election year everyone, they love to do these kinds of good deeds!

http://www.ic3.gov/

http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/fo...Complaint.aspx

http://www.oag.state.ny.us/complaint..._consumer.html.

Below is a post I made on the thread: "Enterprise Photo aka J&K Camera". When you read the post in its intirety you will see that BestPriceCamera is another aka for Entreprise Photos and J&K Cameras. Since I made that post I have found another site, RazzPhoto, that I highly suspect as another aka. This is a big time business scam, and I would further suspect that they are scaming sites like Ratings Planet, Go Trust, and Did U Price with a bunch great reviews the generated themselves. Four differenrt names (that we know of or suspect), and great ratings. Ther is big money being extorted here and we all should report this to the authorities. I know I plan to.

I'm a new member to this forum. What prompted me to join was a very bad experience with a company called BestPriceCameras.com, which was listed as a “Trusted Seller” on DidUPrice.com. You may ask, "What does that have to do with Enterprise Photo.com a.k.a. J&K Camera". Please read on! On 5/1/08 I ordered a Nikon D80 package from this company. It was in fact their Nikon D80 Package #15, which was supposed to include the Nikon D80,Digital Camera Body w/ USA WARRANTY, 2.Nikon Zoom Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S DX VR Autofocus Lens, 3.4GB Memory Card, LCD Screen Protectors, Lens Cleaning Kit, Hard Case, Card Reader, Full Size Tripod, Lens Pouch, Cap Keeper, and Wrist Strap. The advertised price for this package is $959 with free shipping. The next day I received a call from BestPriceCameras.com basically confirming my order and trying to sell me batteries. I declined the batteries, saying I had already purchased aftermarket batteries. The caller then told me aftermarket batteries would only last 20 minutes. I told him I would take my chances. He then told me my order would ship in 4 to 6 weeks. I asked why so long, and he said it was coming from overseas. I asked if it was a US warranty, because that's what their add said, and he confirmed that it was. This set off a red flag, so a little later that day I called their sales line and asked about the package (not stating that I had already placed an order), I asked if the product was in stock. The answer was yes. I asked if this was the $959 Nikon Package #15. The answer was yes. I asked how soon the order would ship if I placed an order. The answer was 5-6 days. I asked if the shipping was free. The answer was yes. At this point I knew I was being scammed. This was Friday 5/2/08. I waited until Monday, 5/5/2008, and call the sales line again. This time I was recording the call. I asked the salesman all the same questions as I stated above, and the answers were essentially the same. The only difference was that it would ship immediately. I then asked him to connect me with their customer service department. I asked them what was going on. They said it was the wholesale body that I had ordered. I explained that their salesman had identified the $959 Nikon Package #15 as advertised on their website, the same package I had ordered but he was unaware of at that time, was in fact in stock, would ship immediately, and was free shipping. The person I was talking to stated this was the imported model and that was that. I told him that this was essentially a bait and switch tactic, and that I would report this, and send a copy of the recorded phone call to the Attorney General's office for the state of New York, as well as Amazon.com, Buy.com, UTube, Craigs List, and anybody else I could thing of. After the call ended. He called back on my other phone line and indicated that my order was being cancelled. I asked why, and he said, because I was doing all this stuff. I don't know why, but before he hung up he volunteered that his name was Vinnie Rizzo. I seriously doubt that was his real name, but I only include that information, because he may be trying to defer some of the heat on to someone else. Now here comes the good part. When he called back on the other line, the caller ID showed the incoming number as 718-306-1554, J&K Camera. Out of curiosity I tried to call the number back and got the message that it was disconnected or no longer in service. I then called my credit card company to see if charges for the package; luckily there were none, yet. I then Googled J&K Camera and found your forum, and felt compelled to write this dissertation. It looks like we can add Best Price Cameras to the AKA list for Enterprise Photo. DidUPrice.com not only has BestPriceCameras.com listed a “Trusted Seller”, Enterprise Photo as well. In fact Enterprise Photo is listed as a “Featured Store”. In my opinion what I encountered was definitely unethical and very possibly unlawful. But, I also believe we are dealing with pros and to nail them legally would probably be an up hill battle. So I ask your help in getting the word out so we can hit them where it hurts; in their pocketbook!

Thread Information