Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Best Online Camera Discounter?

So many thieves online. Anyone feel sure about a GOOD online camera discounter? For example, is Amazon any better? (It seems we're just stuck with the same online discounters but through the Amazon site.) I could use reliable help for a promised Christmas gift for my son.
    --Hepcat

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Best Online Camera Discounter?

I would advise you to see the sticky on who to avoid and who gets good ratings.
    Amazon often has best price but are also offering that price through dealers that may not be so good.
    Here's the link to the sticky Recommended sites and sites to avoid You'll notice the bad list is much longer than the good list and I know grandpaw updates the list frequently. Another site to check before you put any money into the system is .http://www.resellerratings.com/
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

photo gallery Mod. starriderrick's Avatar

Good idea Frog.
    My experience...Two that you can trust... Cameta Camera, Adorama. Adorama works with amazon, Cameta has a site on E-bay. Both have well over 100K positive feedback.

Lightbulb Re: Best Online Camera Discounter?

Thanks, both of you. I have checked Grandpaw and the sites you and he list. As naive as it sounds, the low price is a likely give-away of a rip-off, and in many cases, the rip-offs are glaringly obvious as you deal with the so-called service people: hang-ups, rudeness, complete disregard for anything you say, literally--as if you never spoke.

It is essential that buyers heed the negative websites and don't let the savings lead you on. A camera has its price. Its legitimate lower price isn't THAT much less...
    Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Thanks, both of you. I have checked Grandpaw and the sites you and he list. As naive as it sounds, the low price is a likely give-away of a rip-off, and in many cases, the rip-offs are glaringly obvious as you deal with the so-called service people: hang-ups, rudeness, complete disregard for anything you say, literally--as if you never spoke.

It is essential that buyers heed the negative websites and don't let the savings lead you on. A camera has its price. Its legitimate lower price isn't THAT much less...
    Thanks again.
    Glad the list were of some help. I research each and every site before they go on or get removed from either list. If a site is recommended by a member I check it out and make sure that the research I do backs up the reason the were added to our lists and not just added on the suggestion of one person's experience. The lists are updated as needed and I change the date to indicate the most recent change, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thread Information