Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Thread: Beach Camera?

Beach Camera?

Hello
    So, I tried to buy a digital rebel xt on e-bay, which I don't recommend. If I don't hear from the seller tomorrow i'm going to have to file a complaint with paypal. If I do get back all the money I lost, is beachcamera.com a good place to buy from? I've heard some mixed reviews but when I checked today they had the body and lens package for 809 - which is about 70 less than b and h. What's up here?
    Thanks
    Vicki

Re: Beach Camera?

Quote Originally Posted by vchurch
    Hello
    So, I tried to buy a digital rebel xt on e-bay, which I don't recommend. If I don't hear from the seller tomorrow i'm going to have to file a complaint with paypal. If I do get back all the money I lost, is beachcamera.com a good place to buy from? I've heard some mixed reviews but when I checked today they had the body and lens package for 809 - which is about 70 less than b and h. What's up here?
    Thanks
    Vicki
    I have purchased from Beach Camera twice through their internet site. Once this year and once about four years ago. No problems at all and their price was a bit lower than the other big names.

Me too...I had a good experience with Beach Camera in the past....the price was cheaper for A75 when i had bought it and the shipping was also great....

I just had a terrible experience with them. I'm going on a trip and wanted the new Nikon 18-200 VR lens. I had 3 separate conversations with 3 different people to verify that an item was "in stock". Each assured me that it was, and that it would ship out on a specified date. In fact, the item was not "in stock," it was only expected in a shipment, which Beach said never arrived. So for Beach "in stock" doesn't mean in a warehouse, available to be shipped--it means we're expecting it, so probably we'll be able to ship it.
    If this wasn't bad enough, the item remained "in stock" on the website for several days after the shipment hadn't arrived, and then no one notified me about the problem; I had to call to ask where my product was after the assured delivery date came and went.
    In short--bad inventory system, equally bad customer service.

Beach Camera = Buydig.com ?

Does anyone else have any comments on Beach Camera?

I just wanted to revive this thread, because I'm considering making a purchase from Beach Camera. It seems they are the same company as Buydig.com?

Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks,
    Paul

My coworker just bought a 20D from Beach and had no complaints. According to him they had a the best price online at the time.
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

So far so good.

I ordered a D70s kit with the 18-70 lens, on Wednesday night, from Beach Camera's website, at a price that was about $100 less than the big name online retailers. Most of the big name places were out of stock, so I figured it was worth a little risk at Beach, considering I couldn't get it anytime soon from the better known names. The next day (Thurs) around lunch time I got an email saying it was shipped. I got the tracking number and verified it is on the way. They wasted no time. I checked this morning (Fri) and they have raised the price by $100, so it is pretty much the same as the other places now. I guess I ordered it just in time.

I'll post again when it actually arrives, to confirm that everything is okay.

Paul

My camera arrived last night, 6 days after I ordered it. Now, I can officially say I had a great experience with Beach Camera. No delay in shipment. Everything arrived as expected, at a price lower than I could find anywhere else (excluding the scam places, of course).

Paul

I purchased a D50 for $370 (which I thought was too good to be true). It shipped real quick, as advertised and I love it.
    -Jason Cross-

http://www.jasoncrossphoto.com Check out the 365 days of photos started Jan 1 2007. :thumbsup:

Shooting for almost 40 years CLJohnson's Avatar

I have purchased two lenses from Beach Camera (Tokina 12-24 and Canon 100-400L). The prices were the lowest I felt I could trust. Both purchases came super fast; the items were as described; the cose of shipping was included; there was not a hint of bait ans switch; they very clearly state on their website that everything they sell is USA mfg (and it's reasuring to see it stated on the top of your screen as you make the purchse). I strongly endorse Beach Camera.

As for the question about is Beach Camera the same as BuyDig - that I don't know. But, I purchased a Canon printer (i9900) from BuyDig and it went as smooth as I could hope for. I would not hesitate to buy from either store.

I have been buying from Beach Camera for years. They are always the first place I look. They may not have the Stock of B&H or Adorama, but for each Item I have purchased, totaling over $10,000 in 3 years, they have had the lowest price anywhere.
    Shipping has always been faster than advertised, and the items Perfect.
    They are an Authorized Canon and Nikon Dealer and I can't recommend them high enough.

Nikon D200, 70-200 VR, Canon 30D, 70-200 IS, and many more lenses and P&S Cameras and flashes.

This is my #1 Store. Period..

Shooting for almost 40 years CLJohnson's Avatar

Smile Re: Beach Camera?

I have purchased two lenses (Tokina 12-24 and Canon 100-400 L) from Beach Camera. The purchases were about one year apart. The experience both times was identical.

- I never received a "call us to confirm your order" call/email, which is usually a ploy to sell you additional items.
    - The item price included shipping (FedEx Ground).
    - The item shipped the next day.
    - They provided tracking information.
    - Even though the item was shipped by ground, I received it in 24-48 hours (due to my proximity I guess since I'm in MA),
    - The website is a breeze to use.
    - No hidden charges - what they advertise is the final price.
    - They clearly state that they are an Authorized Dealer and provide the manufacturer's warranty. It's not a vague statement like other sellers about a "US warranty" which is almost always third party.

I recommend Beach Camera without hesitation.

This is my first time using this forum as I just joined today. My experience with beach has been very very good. I wanted to purchase my camera from someplace close so if I had a complaint I could deal directly. The prices are the same in store as online. They took the time to educate me as I am a beginner and purchased a Fuji S7000. I should have listened and bought the suggested nikon d70. He told me that if I get serious I would outgrow it too fast and he was right. My feelings about them was so strong that I even bought a 37" lcd tv also a a real good price.

I have bought a 70-200 telephoto and a 430 canon flash as well as an upper level point and shoot for my father from Beach Camera. I had just an excellent experience with them...I placed the order, got the requisite email indicating that it had been shipped and had paid for next day air and sure enought it showed up the next day. Prices are mostly below most others.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

There are good dealers on ebay if you watch for the details such as usa authorized dealer, manufacturer warranty, how long they've been selling, where located,(don't buy from Hong Kong ever}
    I bought my d80 from completephoto and am completely happy with them.
    There are 3 or 4 other trustworthy ones but I don't remember their names right now.

Quote Originally Posted by vchurch
    Hello
    So, I tried to buy a digital rebel xt on e-bay, which I don't recommend. If I don't hear from the seller tomorrow I'm going to have to file a complaint with paypal. If I do get back all the money I lost, is beachcamera.com a good place to buy from? I've heard some mixed reviews but when I checked today they had the body and lens package for 809 - which is about 70 less than b and h. What's up here?
    Thanks
    Vicki
    I've ordered four or five times from Beach over a two year span, most recently yesterday11/8/06, a Tamron AF-18-MM f/3.5-6.3 xr DI II lens, price to my door, $369,no shipping no tax. It arrived at 09:25 today, Thursday 11/9/06. I did not pay for overnight ,super-duper delivery. This has been my typical Beach Camera experience.
    Good Luck, Steve B.

PS Buydig.com is I believe part of the Beach Camera family of businesses

So glad to see that there seems to be a few legitimate online sites to purchase electronics from.
    Any others that are good bargains and good businessmen?

I bought an Olympus from beach about 5 yrs ago over the phone and got it the next day, no problems. Also ordered a Panasonic FZ7 from internet site a couple of weeks ago and it arrived the next day with no problems. Beach has been very good.

I ordered my Rebel XT and lens from them as well as a cleaning kit. Prices were great, replied quickly to my email, fast shipping, and the lens and camera came with all the caps. I dont know if all places do that, but it was a pleasant surprise. I will def do business with them again.
    -Dan
    Rebel XT
    Canon EF 55-200mm lens
    Rebel K2
    Canon EF 28-90mm lens

Thumbs down Beach Camera.com.........run!!!!

MAURICE J AT BEACH CAMERA THREATENED ME WITH A LAWSUIT FOR ADDRESSING MY EXPERIENCE ONLINE.
    HERE ARE HIS 2 E MAILS TO ME. I HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE THERE.
    REFERENCE NUMBER: LTK16501313809X Please use this ticket number in any correspondence with us. SUBJECT: Order inquiry from Amazon customer SUSAN ST JOHN Dear Customer, Thank you for contacting us. You have slandered me on the website, and I have sent this to our lawyer. I will pursue any aspect I can to defend and protect my good name. I have recordered emails and phone logs that prove my case, and when i receive the confirmation from the courthouse, I will not hesitate to go forward with this case and you will lose $5000.00. If these horrific and slandering reviews are not removed by this morning at 11:00am sharp, you will no longer have the opportunity to stop me. Very simply, If these comment(s) are not removed, there will be a minimum of 3000.00 in losses for you. I preferr not to waste time doing this, but I will have no choice. Sincerely, Maurice J BeachCamera.com

REFERENCE NUMBER: LTK16501313809X Please use this ticket number in any correspondence with us. SUBJECT: Order inquiry from Amazon customer SUSAN ST JOHN Dear Customer, Thank you for contacting us. Furthermore, I have nothing against you placing your negative or postive experience on these site, however when these are untrue fact, and abusive, they are not tolerated. There is nothing wrong with telling the public of your experience, however, it must be void of slander and falsehood. Sincerely, Maurice J BeachCamera.com
    Last edited by STJOHN83; 09-21-2010 at 06:51 AM.

Smile Re: Beach Camera?

If you are new to buying cameras be very careful! There are some real shady caracters out there. Be very wary of the lowest priced ones since they may be gray market cameras and they use bait and switch tactics. I was almost taken recently when I went to buy a Canon T2l camera. I was able to stop the transaction when I googled the company and found out they were a bunch of crooks. I suggest you google the company and read as many reviews about them as you can.

I remembered that many years ago I bought a camera from Beach Camera and everything went great. So I ordered the T2l camera from them and it arrived in a few days. They always have some of the best prices. I highly recommend this company.

Terrible experience! I DO NOT RECOMMEND! Placed an order with them that still to this day HASN'T been honored. Numerous contacts, requests and still nothing. Nothing but the run around from customer service or I should say LACK OF. I ordered on Amazon and have NEVER ever had a problem until now. I checked Beach Camera's reviews on Amazon and they were very positive......am I ever sorry I didn't look further. They had 2 of my items in stock (or so they said) when I ordered and now they tell me they had a computer glitch and they don't have any. Ok, but no word on IF or WHEN I will get my order, IF they will honor it. They shouldn't even be allowed to sell their items on other sites. I feel like I was scammed.

Quote Originally Posted by masc0t
    Terrible experience! I DO NOT RECOMMEND! Placed an order with them that still to this day HASN'T been honored. Numerous contacts, requests and still nothing. Nothing but the run around from customer service or I should say LACK OF. I ordered on Amazon and have NEVER ever had a problem until now. I checked Beach Camera's reviews on Amazon and they were very positive......am I ever sorry I didn't look further. They had 2 of my items in stock (or so they said) when I ordered and now they tell me they had a computer glitch and they don't have any. Ok, but no word on IF or WHEN I will get my order, IF they will honor it. They shouldn't even be allowed to sell their items on other sites. I feel like I was scammed.
    I have personally ordered a camera and lens from Beach Camera with no problems at all, but that was about four years ago. Please keep us informed as to what is going on, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thread Information