Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.
    Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Angry Bad experiance with Plasmakings.com

Has anyone here ever ordered anything from plasmakings.com??? I wold highly recomend avoinding this company like the plauge. I tried to order a MiniDV camera from them, which, according to the web, was in stock, and the lowest price that I found. It wasn't so much lower than everyone else, but enuf to get me to bite and not think anyting about it. I placed the order online and everything was fine. I got an email with my order # and all seemed ok. I was reading the email the next day to check on the order status, and it said processing. Ok, great. I read in the text of the email that I have to call them to confirm the order and get a confermation #. I have never heard of this before, but oh, well, I'm game. So I called them, and they guy I get on the phone say, oh, was there anything else you were looking at we don't have this camera. Ok, here we go, the old bait and switch... I said nope, that's the one I want. So the guys says, ok, we should have them in 3 days, and then it will ship out to you. I said great, I can wait 3 days. He never did give me a confermation #. So the next day I check my order status and instead of saying in process, it says to call us. So I wait till 10:00 my time to call them when they open. I get some snobby lady on the phone who interupts me before I can even explain why I'm calling, and then transfers me to a deptment that isn't even open yet, so basically they hang up on me. Starting to get pist now... So I call back and get another guy, who was even ruder than the fist woman. He tells me to call back in a half hour... I told him I already made the call to confirm the order, I just wanted to know my the status said to call them... So he told me that it would be updated soon and everything is fine. Ok, great. I'm not happy about this company and expecting the worst, but I will give it a shot. So I go online to check my status this morning, and they guy was right, my status changed, to CANCELED. What? How did that happen? Well, I called them back this afternoon and sure enuf, my order was canceled. After another rude woman interupted me before I could explain why I was calling, she confirmed that the order was canceled. I said good, leave it there. Well, I did another search and found A&M Photo World, who had the same thing, at an even better price so I placed my order with them. According to the site I found, they had a very positive rating, so I'm crossing my fingers. I added a cassette onto the order, and after a mail in rebate, I saved $40, and that is including the extra cassette. I did call this company as well, and I was able to talk to a very nice gentlemen who actually listened to me before saying anything.

I work for a large catolog/internet/retail company (Lands' End) and we pride ourselves with our customer service, and I expect nothing less than what we offer our customers when dealing with other retailers. Maybe I'm expecting too much, but I think that all of us as consumers deserve it. After all, if it wasn't for us, were would they be?

Sorry I rambled on and on and on.... but I feel better now.
    Thanks for letting me vent.

Michael
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Ranter and raver.

Re: Bad experiance with Plasmakings.com

Ahh, it is good to vent. I have worked with customers my whole, short adult life (well, now I work with sales reps, who are much more disorganized and confused that customers, but I love my guys anyway) and I can't understand how people go to work every day knowing they're going to be nasty for the next 8 hours. I guess if you run a place like that, it's hard to get good people, and if you are a good person, you rather eat SPAM and fish change out of fountain than work for people like that.

Quote Originally Posted by mjs1973
    Has anyone here ever ordered anything from plasmakings.com??? I wold highly recomend avoinding this company like the plauge. I tried to order a MiniDV camera from them, which, according to the web, was in stock, and the lowest price that I found. It wasn't so much lower than everyone else, but enuf to get me to bite and not think anyting about it. I placed the order online and everything was fine. I got an email with my order # and all seemed ok. I was reading the email the next day to check on the order status, and it said processing. Ok, great. I read in the text of the email that I have to call them to confirm the order and get a confermation #. I have never heard of this before, but oh, well, I'm game. So I called them, and they guy I get on the phone say, oh, was there anything else you were looking at we don't have this camera. Ok, here we go, the old bait and switch... I said nope, that's the one I want. So the guys says, ok, we should have them in 3 days, and then it will ship out to you. I said great, I can wait 3 days. He never did give me a confermation #. So the next day I check my order status and instead of saying in process, it says to call us. So I wait till 10:00 my time to call them when they open. I get some snobby lady on the phone who interupts me before I can even explain why I'm calling, and then transfers me to a deptment that isn't even open yet, so basically they hang up on me. Starting to get pist now... So I call back and get another guy, who was even ruder than the fist woman. He tells me to call back in a half hour... I told him I already made the call to confirm the order, I just wanted to know my the status said to call them... So he told me that it would be updated soon and everything is fine. Ok, great. I'm not happy about this company and expecting the worst, but I will give it a shot. So I go online to check my status this morning, and they guy was right, my status changed, to CANCELED. What? How did that happen? Well, I called them back this afternoon and sure enuf, my order was canceled. After another rude woman interupted me before I could explain why I was calling, she confirmed that the order was canceled. I said good, leave it there. Well, I did another search and found A&M Photo World, who had the same thing, at an even better price so I placed my order with them. According to the site I found, they had a very positive rating, so I'm crossing my fingers. I added a cassette onto the order, and after a mail in rebate, I saved $40, and that is including the extra cassette. I did call this company as well, and I was able to talk to a very nice gentlemen who actually listened to me before saying anything.

I work for a large catolog/internet/retail company (Lands' End) and we pride ourselves with our customer service, and I expect nothing less than what we offer our customers when dealing with other retailers. Maybe I'm expecting too much, but I think that all of us as consumers deserve it. After all, if it wasn't for us, were would they be?

Sorry I rambled on and on and on.... but I feel better now.
    Thanks for letting me vent.

Michael

Thread Information