• 02-21-2009, 09:39 PM
    almo
    1 Attachment(s)
    Your Desktop Photo... Why?
    I wanna see the pics that everyome has on their desktops. And, i would like to know why you chose that specific image.

This is my image. I didn't take it myself, I found it on PBASE. I like it a lot, I find it an insporation to go out and shoot. I have been leaning toward more wideangle stuff lately, and this is just the sort of thing I have floating around in the viewfinder of my mind.
  • 02-21-2009, 09:54 PM
    A.M.D.A.
    Re: Your Desktop Photo... Why?
    One I've had for a while... took it myself some months ago. (Bigger pixel-size of course).

Why? I don't know, but since I have my "preferences" set up so when a vertical format image is used, it leaves an empty black bar on either side. This creates a perfect place for arranging desktop icons. Oh, and I like how the photo looks on black... :)

I do occasionally change backgrounds, though.

Attachment 64577
  • 02-21-2009, 10:04 PM
    almo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by A.M.D.A.
    One I've had for a while... took it myself some months ago. (Bigger pixel-size of course).

Why? I don't know, but since I have my "preferences" set up so when a vertical format image is used, it leaves an empty black bar on either side. This creates a perfect place for arranging desktop icons. Oh, and I like how the photo looks on black... :)

I do occasionally change backgrounds, though.

Attachment 64577

Nice shot dude!

I typically use my own images aswell, before I found the tree tonight I had this pic of a Bongo frome the zoo...

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...s/IMG_6822.jpg
  • 02-21-2009, 10:13 PM
    susaan
    1 Attachment(s)
    This is mine,because I like weird stuff,and forget to take my camera everywhere.:D
  • 02-21-2009, 10:20 PM
    Jimmy B
    1 Attachment(s)
    This one I took and don't get tired of looking at it.
    Jimmy B
  • 02-22-2009, 02:31 AM
    zen
    1 Attachment(s)
    Guitar a friend loaned me. Window light, brother's copy of Corel Painter.

Oh yeah, just saw that "why?" part,...I guess I'd have to say this image just looks cool, plus it combines my love for music, photography, and digital manipulation, as well as painting and art appreciation.
  • 02-22-2009, 03:43 AM
    RP Racing
    Wish I could, but it changes every 15 min.:)
  • 02-22-2009, 03:46 AM
    jetrim
    2 Attachment(s)
    I switch mine out a few times a year, and I'm just about due now :)

The abstract is my current wallpaper, a shot I took back in the fall.

The Blue Angels was my former, which I had up because I can only dream to get in the position to take a shot like that, it's just an awesome perspective. It is a US Navy file photo, which has been released into the public domain.
  • 02-22-2009, 05:27 AM
    JamesV
    1 Attachment(s)
    Wow Jimmy that shot is great. It reminds me that I need to go back a visit Seattle.

Well this is a picture that I did not take, of course. I love the Raiders so... Plus it has the nice black space on the left for my desktop icons.

James
  • 02-22-2009, 07:18 AM
    Didache
    1 Attachment(s)
    I tend to use my own too. Currently it's a piece of urban art I shot last May. It works well because the more empty space on the left doesn't affect the visibility of the icons.

Cheers
    Mike
  • 02-22-2009, 07:26 AM
    mjs1973
    3 Attachment(s)
    The fox image is on my main workstation at home. The cheetah is on my laptop, and the old mill in on my Mac at work. All of the photos are my own, and I chose them because I was tired of using the stock images that came with the computers. The home images stay up for a long time. The work image gets changed more often.
  • 02-22-2009, 07:51 AM
    OldClicker
    1 Attachment(s)
    I have this one up because I keep looking at it trying to decide whether it is a worthy photograph or just junk. - TF
  • 02-22-2009, 09:14 AM
    adina
    I've got a vista default...black with some swirlies ...on the desktop

laptop has plain blue right now as i messed something up when connecting to the tv.
  • 02-22-2009, 09:20 AM
    A.M.D.A.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by OldClicker
    I have this one up because I keep looking at it trying to decide whether it is a worthy photograph or just junk. - TF

It's not junk! It is a great photograph. :)
  • 02-22-2009, 09:49 AM
    lemon
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Didache
    I tend to use my own too. Currently it's a piece of urban art I shot last May. It works well because the more empty space on the left doesn't affect the visibility of the icons.

Cheers
    Mike

Is that some of Banksy's work?
  • 02-22-2009, 09:56 AM
    Didache
    Indeed it is a Banksy piece :)

Mike
  • 02-22-2009, 11:15 AM
    starriderrick
    1 Attachment(s)
    My current desktop.Shot this a couple of weeks ago...I love a rainy night. :D

Rick
  • 02-22-2009, 11:28 AM
    I_Fly
    My current wallpaper. The late Bobby Younkin performing his inverted ribbon cut. Used PS to covert it to watercolor effect.

Why? Low, fast, upside down. -sigh- I'd love to be able to do that!

http://www.troybates.com/pr_temp/tb_wallpaper.jpg
  • 02-22-2009, 11:28 AM
    Jimmy B
    Rick that is nice!
  • 02-22-2009, 11:35 AM
    Dylan8i
    i use my photos about 99.9% of the time. heres my current one, i shot it this summer. its a shorthead garter snake.

mine are always horizontal compositions, with enough blank space for my many icons.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...0578edited.jpg
  • 02-22-2009, 11:52 AM
    hollis
    1 Attachment(s)
    Re: Desktop Photo... Why?
    I usually go with either a Fashion Model, Movie, or Car Theme:
    Wall-E
  • 02-22-2009, 12:20 PM
    starriderrick
    Thank You Jimmy!

Rick
  • 02-22-2009, 02:39 PM
    Xia_Ke
    I always use my own photos as it keeps me motivated on my own work. Plus I'm constantly trying to think of ways to tweak my prints so if I have one I like, seeing it a lot helps me find all the little things I want to fix. My current wallpaper has been up for some time now. It is one of my favorite prints that I have done and it's also my favorite hiking spot to get away from it all.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3065/...cda56fb5_o.jpg
  • 02-22-2009, 03:18 PM
    Axle
    My current one:
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3105/...1b4b985cda.jpg

This is also one of mine, taken in the Lister Block in Hamilton of the main arcade.
  • 02-23-2009, 02:28 PM
    scott-devon
    My current desktop. Taken with a point and shoot during a day out las summer, I keep it on the desktop over winter because it reminds me of my other hobby and warm days out enjoying myself.

http://members.shaw.ca/stillwtrs/desktop.jpg