ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Roscoe

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

Roscoe

As some of you know, I took in a Dogue De Bordeaux who was in need of a BETTER home than the one he was in.Roscoe was very typical of mastiff breeds in that he BONDED to those who showed him love and attention. Well Roscoe's owner's wife paid very little attention to him, so he BONDED with his owner ONLY.He infact didn't see the wife as anything beyond an INFERIOR pack member ;) Rocoe bit the wife while she was screaming and raising her hand to her husband during a "heated argument"

When I got Roscoe to my house he was THE BEST DOG I have ever had INSTANTLY!!

He loved Michelle, paid very little attention to our pug, GUARDED our home from the first night ;) and played all the time.

I had to return him to his owner due to the inability to provide him with the exercise I felt he deserved. I would walk/run him for an hour and he would want to go out and play again after 15 minutes of rest. He was ALWAYS at my door wanting to be outside.

Roscoe grew up never on a lease with state land as his backyard. I live in a condo(with open space everywhere , but not in my backyard)

Here is that AMAZING DOG

BTW, I told his owner" before you send him to a kennel CALL ME and I will find a way to get him a suitable home"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Roscoe-roscoe3.600.jpg  
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Opinionated Newbie

Re: Roscoe

Paul -- That's jsut too bad that you had to give him back. Mastif's, of all types, are AMAZING dogs. Hopefully this handsome fellow with be treated a little better. Seems to me he needs stability.

Enough already!

Do I need to start a saved dog forum?

Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Quote Originally Posted by paulnj
    As some of you know, I took in a Dogue De Bordeaux who was in need of a BETTER home than the one he was in.Roscoe was very typical of mastiff breeds in that he BONDED to those who showed him love and attention. Well Roscoe's owner's wife paid very little attention to him, so he BONDED with his owner ONLY.He infact didn't see the wife as anything beyond an INFERIOR pack member ;) Rocoe bit the wife while she was screaming and raising her hand to her husband during a "heated argument"

When I got Roscoe to my house he was THE BEST DOG I have ever had INSTANTLY!!

He loved Michelle, paid very little attention to our pug, GUARDED our home from the first night ;) and played all the time.

I had to return him to his owner due to the inability to provide him with the exercise I felt he deserved. I would walk/run him for an hour and he would want to go out and play again after 15 minutes of rest. He was ALWAYS at my door wanting to be outside.

Roscoe grew up never on a lease with state land as his backyard. I live in a condo(with open space everywhere , but not in my backyard)

Here is that AMAZING DOG

BTW, I told his owner" before you send him to a kennel CALL ME and I will find a way to get him a suitable home"
    Too bad you couldn't keep him. He sounds like a great dog.
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Re: Enough already!

I ONLY SAVE MASTIFF TYPES...

No forum needed, but I can surely add to one if you do get one started ;)

I will get a mastiff type that fits my living arrangements someday, but it must be over 130 lbs and have jowles ;)

HMMM , maybe I will try to find another Tosa Inu , Fila Brasileiro or maybe even a boerboel

And if none of you have figured it out(Penny has) ....I have a HUGE HEART when it comes to animals(ok... maybe people too)
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

It's funny that you have a pug. I always think of the mastiff as the pug's big brother. Those breeds share a lot of common traits. It sounds like a pug is a good fit for your current living arrangements. In my opinion, the only thing better than one pug is two pugs. You should see if there is a pug rescue group in your area.

I can't help showing off one of my pugs. He is the pug that is the greeter at www.pugranch.com.

While fozzie is a cute dog(as is our pug).... I need a MAN SIZE dog breed I raised our pug from puppyhood with a Neopolitan mastiff and a Tosa Inu in our condo. He loves GIANT dogs. I am not a fan of the english mastiff or bullmastiff, but of RARE BREED mastiff types. I would rescue either breed in a heartbeat if they needed a home and fit in(english mastiffs are low energy for a HUGE lap dog).

Before I moved to a condo I had PLENTY of pitbull types and mastiff types, they were all sweet lovable dogs. A dog is a product of his environment, so don't think all pits are killers ;) BTW, alot of pugs for rescue are MALE dog aggressive(Michelle always surfs pugranch and petfinder looking at pugs)
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

Paul, I'm looking at this dog and thinking one thing: I buy 40lb bags of dog food for my (little) 70lb Samoyed and 95lb Malamute. I know where all of this food winds up... 130+ lbs must really be fun!

Paul,

Sorry you have to give him up, but I trust it's for the best, otherwise you wouldn't be doing it.

Hope his new home is as loving as yours was.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Roscoe was no worse than a samoyed(a room mate had one years ago) , but my other mastiff types were HEAVY eaters. They ate 25 POUNDS a week on average of NUTRO MAX from a pan that you cook a turkey in

If you own a home get a doggie dooley, they work nicely........ above 40 degrees
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

You are correct... I loved that dog instantly(as I do most animals). It was a hard choice, but the best one for HIM.

He loved posing for my camera too
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

Thread Information