Window Light Portrait

Printable View

• 03-28-2007, 09:35 AM
    adina
    Re: Window Light Portrait
    taken two minutes ago...my most cooperative subject

sooc, no sharpening or anything. Focused on the eyes. She was maybe 2 feet from me.
  • 03-28-2007, 09:41 AM
    adina
    whoops, meant to put these in the 50 mm thread.
  • 03-28-2007, 09:56 AM
    Old Timer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by adina
    taken two minutes ago...my most cooperative subject

sooc, no sharpening or anything. Focused on the eyes. She was maybe 2 feet from me.

Well not at exactly what I was expecting from you, but it sure fits the thread. Those eye not quite the the girls, but they are pretty close. Nice job.
  • 03-28-2007, 10:24 AM
    adina
    Going outside with the girls today. Rain or shine, hoping for rain...

Thanks!
  • 04-11-2007, 06:24 PM
    MonkeyWrench
    1 Attachment(s)
    I took over 400 pictures at Easter. You have to love digital. There is always one picture that stands-out at of every shoot. This year its my Grandson Austin. No Flash, just good ole window light and my handy 50mm f/1.8 lens.
  • 04-11-2007, 06:45 PM
    KenB
    1 Attachment(s)
    I humbly submit the main reason I bought my camera....
  • 04-12-2007, 05:45 AM
    Old Timer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkeyWrench
    I took over 400 pictures at Easter. You have to love digital. There is always one picture that stands-out at of every shoot. This year its my Grandson Austin. No Flash, just good ole window light and my handy 50mm f/1.8 lens.

Got to love that 50mm. Love the sparkle you caught in his eyes and the seperation from the background. This is a ture window light portrait and I very nice one.
  • 04-12-2007, 05:48 AM
    Old Timer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KenB
    I humbly submit the main reason I bought my camera....

And a good reason it was. I went through a lot of film and several camera when my kids were growing up now I'm trying to wear out a digital or two on the grand kids. She is a beautiful subject you should have no problem at all filling up cards with here around. Nice job.
  • 04-13-2007, 09:20 AM
    masdog
    OT - great job. THat's a wonderful picture of a beautiful woman.

Alison...how do you do it? What is your secret?
  • 04-13-2007, 09:25 AM
    mtbbrian
    That's a fine portrait of what from what I can tell a fine woman.
    :thumbsup:
    Brian
  • 04-13-2007, 09:34 AM
    Alison
    Quote:

Originally Posted by masdog
    Alison...how do you do it? What is your secret?

Ermmm what did I do now? LOL
  • 04-13-2007, 07:33 PM
    Old Timer
    1 Attachment(s)
    I posted this one just after Easter over in the gallery and just realize that it fit this thread also. It was my grandson Wesley's first Easter and this little guy was in his basket. He was a rather willing subject sitting in front of the same window where I took Joys picture that I lead off this thread with over a month ago.
  • 04-13-2007, 08:14 PM
    Frog
    Ok......I'm convinced! 50mm will be my next lens.
  • 04-13-2007, 08:49 PM
    swmdrayfan
    My daughter Katy feeding her new niece on Easter Sunday. Please forgive the crappy background and text. I added the text to print a copy for Katy, and for the background---not much choice.
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...rtonEffect.jpg
  • 04-14-2007, 01:06 AM
    Alison
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Frog
    Ok......I'm convinced! 50mm will be my next lens.

You won't regret it :D
  • 04-14-2007, 07:04 AM
    Old Timer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by swmdrayfan
    My daughter Katy feeding her new niece on Easter Sunday. Please forgive the crappy background and text. I added the text to print a copy for Katy, and for the background---not much choice.

Wonderful soft light and great expressions. It's what a shoot like this is suppose to be about. How did you get the baby to look at you too? I'm sure it's one Katy will treasure for years to come.
  • 04-14-2007, 07:51 AM
    swmdrayfan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Wonderful soft light and great expressions. It's what a shoot like this is suppose to be about. How did you get the baby to look at you too? I'm sure it's one Katy will treasure for years to come.

Well Larry, it was pretty easy. Standing right in front of her she couldn't help but see me:D . Thanks for starting the thread, by the way. You've done your family proud with your shots.
  • 04-14-2007, 09:37 AM
    Alison
    Here's one I took today.

ISO 400, SS 1/100, f/4.5
  • 04-14-2007, 10:18 AM
    Old Timer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Alison
    Here's one I took today.

ISO 400, SS 1/100, f/4.5

I little different look. I like her serious I'm a grownup look. And those eyes!!!! You could just get lost in those eyes. Wonderful portrait Ali.
  • 04-14-2007, 10:39 AM
    Alison
    Thank you OT.

I was actually a little disappointed in it to be honest. Not my usual lighting. It's more direct on her face, although my kitchen was very bright today. The weather is gorgeous here today.
    I love her eyes though :thumbsup:

Anyway I decided to take a few more.
    I think I prefer this lighting better. One side of the face in the shade :thumbsup:
    If you are wondering what they are doing...they are watching Dora the Explorer on a portable DVD player :)

And another of Lisa.
  • 04-16-2007, 08:52 AM
    freygr
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Alison
    Thank you OT.

I was actually a little disappointed in it to be honest. Not my usual lighting. It's more direct on her face, although my kitchen was very bright today. The weather is gorgeous here today.
    I love her eyes though :thumbsup:

Anyway I decided to take a few more.
    I think I prefer this lighting better. One side of the face in the shade :thumbsup:
    If you are wondering what they are doing...they are watching Dora the Explorer on a portable DVD player :)

And another of Lisa.

Your Portraits make me :D green with envy :thumbsup:

But then you have very GOOD models :)
  • 04-16-2007, 10:59 AM
    Xia_Ke
    1 Attachment(s)
    Here's a shot of Oliver watching the storm outside. Couldn't get to work today with all of the road closures today so the cats and I are having a little photo session again...LOL
  • 04-16-2007, 01:47 PM
    Alison
    Quote:

Originally Posted by freygr
    Your Portraits make me :D green with envy :thumbsup:

But then you have very GOOD models :)

Thank you :D :D :D :D
  • 04-23-2007, 07:54 PM
    Old Timer
    1 Attachment(s)
    I started this thread nearly two months a go with a photo of Joy seating in the warm glow of the kitchen window at her sisters. It's been about a week since there has been a post to the thread so I'll put it to sleep with another image of my bride of 35 years this time at out daughters house over the weekend. We were there to welcome our newest grandson and Joy had the glow of a young mother herself. Thanks to everyone that participated with some truly great pictures in this thread.
  • 04-25-2007, 06:07 AM
    Alison
    Wow! Another beauty OT! Your wife is stunning!

Here's another from me. (Along with a crop from the same shot).
    But, wait for it...here is the shocker...taken with my 17-40mm F/4 L lens.
    I wanted to see what it was made of. To see if I could take a GREAT window light portrait with it.
    I was amazed at the quality and sharpness of it :)
    I may have found new love in this lens. Sshhhhh musn't let my 50 mm here me say that! LOL