ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Where to get photos printed?

I'm looking for an online printer that I can upload photos to and have prints shipped to me. I am looking for a vendor who will print 8 x 12s as I hate 8 x 10s with a passion. A friend recommended filmet.com to me based on low prices and very good quality however I'm befuddled as to how to use their service. To use them one downloads their image upload software and sends in images that way. However I see now place to create an account or to say what size prints I want or even pricing info. I think their prices for 8 x 10s and 8 x 12s was only around $2.50 though and as I said, very good quality.

Re: Where to get photos printed?

I've also had a couple of prints done at Adorama for about the same price and they looked very good too. You have to download software, but the process is very easy. I'm not using them anymore because of the wait time and possibility of damage in transit (never happened to me though). After that, I started to use a local store with a Fuji Frontier at about $2 for either size, but max on that machine is 10x15. However, all of the prints have the grocery store's name on the back of them, not very professional! The prints are very good and I'll still use them when I need something quick.

I'm going to start using Mpix.com, but haven't placed an order yet. They have three different papers (standard color, a matte finish; Kodak Metallic which is hard to describe; and "true" b&w). Check out their website and they'll send you samples images on the three papers. They also do very large prints and are a division of a well known pro lab (Millers Labs).

I have heard very good things about Ofoto (http://www.ofoto.com/Welcome.jsp), though I personally have not tried any online printers. If I don't print at home, I get my stuff printed at the nearest CVS that has a Noritsu 3011 digital printer (need to call - different stores will have different printers). Using their on-counter Kodak G3 machine (sends to the 3011) is usually the way I go. Great prices and quality - never been disappointed.

Tuna

www.mpix.com has been great they have a huge selection of sizes including squares and their quality is superb...shipping is quick 2-3 days from order for one fixed shipping fee.

I've ordered over 200-300 dollars from them in the last 6 months and they have been timely and accurate they even give you 30 minutes to revise and change your order...if you email with a question they get back to you within the hour...

I love 'em.

;)
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Liz

Sounds great Nat. How are their prices? Winkflash is now 16 cents for a 4x6 and they too are excellent.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    www.mpix.com has been great they have a huge selection of sizes including squares and their quality is superb...shipping is quick 2-3 days from order for one fixed shipping fee.

I've ordered over 200-300 dollars from them in the last 6 months and they have been timely and accurate they even give you 30 minutes to revise and change your order...if you email with a question they get back to you within the hour...

I love 'em.

;)

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll check them out.

I'm new to digital photography. Using Mpix, all I do is download the software, send my pictures to them and then they print them and send them back? Do I have to resize them to the appropriate size or anything like that? Thanks.
    Nikon D70

humble newbie :-)

Quote Originally Posted by MxFlyer43
    I'm new to digital photography. Using Mpix, all I do is download the software, send my pictures to them and then they print them and send them back? Do I have to resize them to the appropriate size or anything like that? Thanks.
    no software to download....

just upload your pics to an album (after you set up an account) leave 'em at full resolution and they are all set...follow the prompts for sizing cropping etc.

Liz, their prices are average but I love the quality...4x6 is like 29cents and 8x10 runs about $1.99....16x20 is $19.99

I ordered a 16x20 poster (file size was 65MB) and it was no problem...ordered it on a Monday had it by Wednesday at noon.

Hope this helps
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Liz

Thanks Nat.........

Hope you and your wonderful family have a very happy and healthy Year of 2005!

Liz

lots of changes ahead

this will be a very "interesting" year...we will see...
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Liz

Smile Re: lots of changes ahead

Nat -

(I won't tell you that you peaked my curiosity)

But.....whatever this year brings, changes, or whatever - I hope and pray it is all GOOD!

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    this will be a very "interesting" year...we will see...

Thread Information