ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

I know this is not the correct place for this but

I really dont post much anywhere else on this site.

I have been having quite a hard time of things late because my father passed away Sun morn. He was quite unwell towards the end of a short illness. My family were quite close to Dad so it's really hit my family hard. I have a 19 yo son who it's hit the hardest. He is shattered because he just adored my father. Of course we are all shattered but he seems to have been affected by it emotionally. I'm just so glad he'd finished end of year for his Uni exams etc before this happened

I've still yet to complete the gymnastics job which I'm having quite a trying time doing so. I hope to get them over with today so I dont have to worry anymore. They need to be done by end of next week or the families wont get them before gymnastics closes for the year!

Thanks
    Wendy

Re: I know this is not the correct place for this but

Wendy I am so sorry to hear about your father. The lose of a parent is not an easy thing to handle. I lost my dad many years ago, but there is still rarely a day that goes by that I don't think about him and what he would do if he were in my place. It's hard but sometimes getting right back in there and getting a job done is the best therapy. Please know that there are lots of friends from the PR community that are thinking about you and your lose.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Liz

Wendy,

Thanks for sharing this with us - it's fine to post it in VF. I'm so sorry for your loss, and I will pray for you, your son and the rest of your family.

As OT said in his post, it's extremely difficult to lose a parent, no matter how old we are. My parents died years ago and I still get choked up at times when I think about them. Our parents have an "eternal" place in our hearts, and those feelings don't leave forever, although they get easier to cope with.

You will find as time goes on that you will be able to remember him fondly with less pain, although there will always be a mix of love, warmth and some heartache.

God bless you - and feel free to come back and share anytime - we're here to support you.

Liz

Bless your heart Wendy.

I lost my Dad 6 years ago. He was diagnosed, and within 3 months, he passed. I understand the pain you are going through. Like Larry, not a day goes by that I don't think of my Dad, and remember what a great person he was and how many people loved and admired him.

At the beginning of my grieving, I was very angry and held on to that. It was not a good thing to do. It took me way too long to accept, and was not fair to my family and not healthy for myself. For yours and your family's sake, (especially your son), take it one day at at time, give yourself enough time to grieve. When you feel you are ready, get out there and try to get back to a normal life as soon as you can. You will feel so much better if you do this. I wish I had. Do this in memory and honor of your Dad, if for no one else. It's what he would want you to do.

I hope you understand my thoughts and hopes for you. Hang in there.
    Lara

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

OT, Liz and Lara have all posted words I wish I'd read last year when my mother passed. READ these posts over and over, for they are words of wisdom you will surely benefit from!
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Pentax Forum Moderator

I am very sorry for you loss, Tink and like others will be praying for you and your family. I lost my father 41 years ago when I was only 11. It still affects me to this day. As said before, the loss of a loved one really affects everyone for a long time. Within the past 2 years, I've lost a younger sister and my grandmother, who helped raise me. Please accept my condolences.
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Wendy, let me add my condolences, also. I always tell people I lost two dads. My real father passed when I was still a teenager. Mom remarried about a year later and had 20+ years with my step-dad. He died about 6 years ago and that was equally rough on my nephew. Clyde was the only grand-pa he ever knew and was actually the father figure in his life. The pain will ease over time, but just make sure you always comfort your son with the good memories of his grand-pa.

Thread Information