ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

So I've been away for awhile

work and life as usual. I've lurked though. Here're are a few recent pictures. I strapped my tripod onto my camelbak and when for a ride after work today. We've had more than half our annual precipitation in the last ten days. That coupled with a normal snowfall year, arroyos that have not had water in them in well over ten years are now flowing. I had to capture them in....pixels. =)

The last shot was when I had the pleasure to take a 4 hour hike with our US Congresswoman Heather Wilson. I was asked to be the "photog" by her PR staff, so it was fun to play photojournalist. On the serious side, she asked us on the hike to show her the trails that a group I'm involved in are trying to save. Rep. Wilison will be a major reason the trails are saved, should things go our way. I'm optimistic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So I've been away for awhile-fhstream01.jpg   So I've been away for awhile-fhstream02bw.jpg   So I've been away for awhile-fhstream03asep.jpg   So I've been away for awhile-hwotero_cherry03web.jpg  

Nice, and I believe I saw multiple shots from you in mountain biking's most recent issue? Great work man.

Always the last to know.

j/k kafin8ed.

yep, I'm not sure how many got in yet b/c I haven't seen this issue,yet but I heard from kafin8ed last week that I have about 1/2 the race coverage photos. I'm stoaked to see the issue. Right place right time sort of thing. I hope to use this as an excuse to upgrade to a D10 system.

I saw you were heading to Utah this summer, try to ride in Brian Head, right in the middle of Bryce and Zion. Amazing stuff. I did a gravity fest two summers ago. we did 29 miles with 12,000 feet of decending in one day! The shuttle service at the ski hill are a great friendly bunch. $8 a van ride. plus one free trip on the lift. They had the Utah st DH race that weekend so we got to ride to course as well.

Yeah, I dont have the issue, my friend does, but I know you got in multiple riding shots, and I think at least one people shot. I think I saw about 5 of your shots? (though dont hold me to that, thats my guess)

We are riding Brian Head one day of our trip. I cant wait. We are actually doing a guided thing with Escape Adventures, because with all the traveling my Dad does all year, when he goes on a vacation, he doesnt want to have to do any planning. I know we ride Brian Head, and we do some other cool sounding stuff.

Congrats on getting in the mag. I am getting 2 in Dirt rag next issue, and one in TwentySix.

Quote Originally Posted by brianc
    We've had more than half our annual precipitation in the last ten days.
    Tell me about it!! I was there for the majority of it!!! That's OK though, my boys and I still had a blast.

Congrats on all the pics in the MB Mag!
    ~Brian
    Nikon Samurai #3

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true
    friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

http://brians4x4adventures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/brianliles/
    http://www.facebook.com/brianliles

Thread Information