ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Back from South America

Hey everyone,

I've returned from my 7 months in Chile, Argentina, Bolivia, and Peru, and I brought photos! I was studying abroad in Santiago, Chile for about 4.5 months, and then traveling around the continent for the other 2.5 months or so. Also, I should note that I'm not in Chicago Gathering territory anymore, as I've moved to Boulder, CO to start grad school.

I actually returned about a month ago, but it's taken me that long to update my website (and do lots of other things, like move and re-learn English). My website's newly redone, by the way. Entirely Flash-based, and it should be fast loading (except for maybe the intro movie).

So enjoy: http://www.mountainworks.net

later,
    Bob

And here are some teasers:
    1) Me standing in front of the famous Monte Fitzroy in way southern Argentinian Patagonia
    2) La Catedral on the Plaza de Armas in downtown Cuzco, Peru.
    3) A wind chime for sale at the colorful Pisac Sunday Market, near Cuzco.
    4) Me and two friends admiring our last view of Parque Nacional Torres del Paine after completing a grueling 9-day, 112 mile circuit.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by b_slow; 09-12-2005 at 03:24 PM. Reason: speeling

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Welcome back, Bob...

Sounds like an pretty remarkable adventure. I'm very envious...

Took a quick look at the updated site. Into ran fine (praise be to cable!). Few shots I saw are easily up to par with your other outstanding travel work.

Too bad about Chicago. Well, bad for us anyway...
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Re: Back from South America

Welcome back. Some very beautiful images. Hope you have a lot more ot share with us.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Stunning views!! I love your style, very well done! What a wonderful trip you've had! I'm so jealous!

Hi Bob,

Your photos are great! I'm a landscape person myself. I saw your pictures of the Wind River Range in Wyoming. I was also there in Aug '03. We got rained on for two and half days of our four day trip, and it prevented us from moving our campsite into the Cirque area, which we planned for the second night. We camped at Clear Lake the whole time, and did a day hike to the Cirque, but I didn't have time to wait on lighting. That is an amazing place, that few people seem to know about. Your pictures are much better than mine, but the pictures I took there really increased my interest in photography. I don't have any good images to share, but here are a few crappy flat-bed scans of 4X6 prints. I hope to go back one day and do it right. I doubt I'll ever be lucky enough to go to all of the other beautiful places you've been, but looking at your pictures sure is motivating. Thanks for sharing!

Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Back from South America-wyoming_2-9_resize.jpg   Back from South America-wyoming_3-7-resize.jpg   Back from South America-wyoming_5-13-resize.jpg  

Thread Information