ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Liz

PR Newsletter - thanks PJ

This issue of the newsletter is both interesting and informative - and personal. Your professional equipment reviews are impressive. Also, I didn't realize there are so many new cameras out recently - and a few lenses coming out very soon. BTW - that "Christmas is around the corner" reminder wasn't necessary. Just kidding!

Just to say a few words about your writing on "Contemplating Katrina" which I had previously read in your "Notes" forum yesterday. It was well written - concise, but full of information. It was also personal and passionate. For me personally, it was thought-provoking - and brought things into perspective.

Thanks it was a good issue.

Liz

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

Re: PR Newsletter - thanks PJ

Yeah, I agree with Liz, great newsletter, the Hasselblad H2D camera looks sweet!
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

I'm glad you liked it. I hadn't written any editorial in a while. And the hurricane and 9/11 anniversary had me thinking. I was actually on a plane, flying back from Calgary, on 9/11. That was a little weird.

I started out to write about being less materialistic. But it was hard to keep it under control. So I ended up writing about the photo issues. It was a hard little piece to do. Katrina should be a wakeup call for a lot of people, for a lot of reasons.

Sorry about the Christmas reference. I didn't mean it in a commercial way. I am uncomfortable with the part I play in the overcommercialization of the Holidays. I think it's not to be helped. But the only reason I mentioned it was because that's the reason the manufacturers are making these announcements. It is a seasonal thing. They're starting to build some momentum for their Holiday sales. I guess it's useful to know because you can count on product announcements this time, every year.

Finally, it's nice to know someone reads my newsletter ;)

Thanks!
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

He forgot to mention the BEST thread on PR ever

Hahaha... Liz's idea, my knowledge and EVERYONE'S hard work made me the proud father of a beautiful new "thread"

I can't wait to celebrate it's first birthday !!!!!!!!
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Oh yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by paulnj
    He forgot to mention the BEST thread on PR ever
    Oh yeahhhhhh...

I'll put that in the next newsletter. I wouldn't have even thought to include it. But since you mentioned it, I think it would be a great thing to highlight. Plus, I even have some birds to add, when I can find some time :-)
    Photo-John

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

Re: Oh yeah!

I was joking about including the thread, but was serious about the rest! I am proud of this community's hard work to make that thread what it is!

John post any bird image whenever you can, then you too can be one of the few, the proud... the BIRD NERDS
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Liz

Talking Christmas

PJ - I didn't mind the Christmas reference. Actually I mentioned it because I don't want to be reminded that Christmas is around the corner - more work to do - our busiest time, etc.

Have a nice weekend - that's almost here too.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    I'm glad you liked it. I hadn't written any editorial in a while. And the hurricane and 9/11 anniversary had me thinking. I was actually on a plane, flying back from Calgary, on 9/11. That was a little weird.

I started out to write about being less materialistic. But it was hard to keep it under control. So I ended up writing about the photo issues. It was a hard little piece to do. Katrina should be a wakeup call for a lot of people, for a lot of reasons.

Sorry about the Christmas reference. I didn't mean it in a commercial way. I am uncomfortable with the part I play in the overcommercialization of the Holidays. I think it's not to be helped. But the only reason I mentioned it was because that's the reason the manufacturers are making these announcements. It is a seasonal thing. They're starting to build some momentum for their Holiday sales. I guess it's useful to know because you can count on product announcements this time, every year.

Finally, it's nice to know someone reads my newsletter ;)

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    Your professional equipment reviews are impressive.
    I just wanted to point out that I'm not the only one writing pro reviews. Larry and Loren (racingpinarello) are doing excellent reviews, too. Larry's Rebel XT review was a huge hit. There will be more reviewers in the future, too. I can't do them all, myself. And I think it's nice to have some variety since we all have somewhat different needs and ideas of what works well.
    Photo-John

Thread Information