ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Model T

Model T

Ford has made a lot of models since this one. This is the hub and spokes of a 1925 Ford Model T. I tried this in a square crop as well but I think I like this one a little better because you see a little more of those beautiful wood spokes on the wheel. What do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Model T-dsc_4516-4-640.jpg  
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Re: Model T

Nice still life. I like that the Ford logo is on a 45 degree angle.

Jim B.

Thanks Jim. Although I could not control the angle of the Ford logo I like the idea that it is in line with the two spokes that lead you in and out of the image in the upper left and lower right. this is the main reason I elected to go with the horizontal crop rather than squaring the image.

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Interesting that Ford hasn't changed its moniker much in 80 years. I hear they're still making cars too!

This is a nice shot Larry. That wood has been beautifully restored or maintained. Gotta love those older cars. I would love to fix up a 59 Caddy ragtop to cruise around in...
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Thanks Rick. I would love to have my first car back. It was a 1956 Ford black and white with 312 police interceptor engine, dual exhaust the works. Love to have it back today, but at the time all I wanted was to get rid of it and get a newer one to impress the girls with.

I agree about the wood spokes on these wheels they have been beautifully preserved. That is what attracted me to this shot.

Nikon Samurai #13

Thread Information