ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: New Kid

New Kid

Hi everyone!

I have looked around the site and I must say that I am really going to enjoy this place. Ummm....where should I start. Well I am 28 and I am a computer programmer/web developer. I am into modifying cars and anything else I can get my hands on.

I have always had a passion for art in general. Photography is something I have always wanted to get into and I finally have the time and the means to do so now. My funds didn't allow me to get a great camera to start off with, but you have to start somewhere right?

Ok well I just purchased a Fujifilm FinePix 2800 2MP Digital Camera w/ 6x Optical Zoom and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this camera of even know any good/bad things you can fill me in on.

I know this camera is a cheap camera, and my sole purpose for buying it is for taking quality pictures for my websites. I am going to start coming here regularly to learn from you all and hopes to gain enough knowledge to purchase a nice camera later on down the line, after I have learned more about photography and all the aspects of it. I am the kind that likes to know what I am doing and how to do it right before I jump right into it.

All feedback is appreciated.

Thanks for your time!
    Last edited by obscura; 06-04-2004 at 06:13 AM.

Well Hello!

I personally don't use that particular camera, so can't help you there. Have you looked in the review section?

Welcome!

adina

Bah, digital, that's not REAL photography!

Welcome, stick around. Gotta tell ya though, photography is one of those things that you need to learn while doing, knowing everything there is to know before getting into it is not quite possible.

EDIT: Oops, forgot the smileys. I'm just kidding about the digital stuff, I haven't shot film in years...
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Thanks for the welcome!

I can see your point with learning as you go. I was referring to the terminology and aspects of a camera. Like setting the shutter speed for certain pictures along with other settings. See I have no idea if that last sentence even makes sense. Those are the things I am talking about learning. Is there a good resource/s that you can point me to, to help me gain a better understanding of how to use each setting and what each settings purpose is and what kind of results you can gain from it.

Also lenses, this is another topic I will need to learn more about as well.

I am eventually going to get a real camera (not digital...LOL!!!) and start getting really serious about photography. Its something I have always had a passion for and I know it will soon consume most of my time.

Anyway I hope to learn a lot from you all.

Thanks again for the welcoming.
    Sites I've built

Quote: "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop to look around once in a while...you could miss it." Ferris B

welcome aboard

hello and howdy do? this is a great place to get alot of photo knowledge!
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Thread Information