ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Liz

Talking Rick...another 24 hour extension????

I have enjoyed - immensely - looking at the 24 hour photography thread. I fully intended to join in, but got in the midst of a small crisis with a client.

Any possibility we could have another day - maybe a new thread? If you don't think it's worth it - that's fine. It's just a thought. I'll be happy if we do another one in the future, but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. :idea:

Liz

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Re: Rick...another 24 hour extension????

Hey Liz,

I was just thinking about extending the current one - or - planning a follow-up in the future. This one started off kinda slow but it's really fun now. I honestly expected more posters based upon the response to my original questionaire. I think maybe people forgot?

Let's hear from the rest of the gang. Should we make it 48 hours of Photographyreview? Or plan another one for the near future?

Rick
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

ps In the meantime, you can still add shots to the current one until midnight tonight
    Walter Rick Long

pps This just occured to me... should we plan the next one for a weekend day? That way the posters who contributed to this one wouldn't feel like they were posting the same shots again. Just a thought
    Walter Rick Long

Should we make it 48 hours of Photographyreview? - I think 24 is good.

Or plan another one for the near future? - Yes, plan one in the future like in the Fall. Make it seasonal?

I'm rarely on the computer on a weekend but if the majority(or a lot of people) say yes, so be it.
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

I agree I think we should do one at least twice a year. If not one per season. If we do one on the weekend, I think a lot of people would take their cameras out with them and then upload images at the end of the day. Or the following day. That way we get a sketch of people's leisure time and not just their work time.

Let's see what everyone has to say.
    Walter Rick Long

I'm in for an extension or another date. I left the house without my camera today and didn't even get to start shooting until about 4:30 and then didn't have time for much after that.

Besides if an extension or another date means Liz gets to come out and play...
    We improve ourselves by victories over ourself. There must be contests, and you must win.
    Edward Gibbon

Canon T2i
    Canon EF-S 17-55 f2.8 IS
    Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 XR Di II
    Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 XR Di
    Canon 24-105 f/4L IS
    Canon 70-200 f/4L USM
    Canon 50mm f/1.4 USM
    Canon 85mm f/1.8 USM
    Canon Speedlight 220EX

I guess my opinion is kind of a summary of this thread - let's keep this one at 24 hours and do another 24 hour period later on a weekend day. Might be fun to keep it this way; one weekday; one weekend day. Life is very different for a lot of us on weekdays vs. weekends.

Liz, feel free to share any time. I didn't have much to contribute today but did "come clean" on one thing... Check the thread when you have time and you'll see why this is a really bad pun.

Liz

The Photography 24 hour thread is very good......one of the best ideas! I'm going to check out the latest.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by another view
    I guess my opinion is kind of a summary of this thread - let's keep this one at 24 hours and do another 24 hour period later on a weekend day. Might be fun to keep it this way; one weekday; one weekend day. Life is very different for a lot of us on weekdays vs. weekends.

Liz, feel free to share any time. I didn't have much to contribute today but did "come clean" on one thing... Check the thread when you have time and you'll see why this is a really bad pun.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    The Photography 24 hour thread is very good......one of the best ideas! I'm going to check out the latest.

Liz
    Over 75 replies and nearly 500 views... all in 24 hours. Yeah I'd say there's enough interest to do another one

BUT let's see some more posts in the current one too! I know there's some more of you out there!

Here's an important topic for me: how was the layout of this one? Was the all-in-one-thread format too confusing? I know it's getting pretty busy about now. I don't want to start 5 individual threads for the next one. I couldn't sticky them all. It would take up too much space. And I would like to sticky them for a few weeks so everyone is sure to see them. Should we just post them all in one thread without subthreads? IE, no time structure?

I really appreciate your all's feedback on this, please don't be shy about voicing your opinions on this.

Thanks,
    Rick
    Walter Rick Long

Rick I was pleased with the way you setup the thread. I think it worked well. I liked the idea of breaking the day up into 4 segments. I enjoyed the whole idea of, "the day in the life of type format." It is a great thread and lets not forget that we should get post for the next several days as our film friends check in with there post. Let's give it a short rest and give it another go.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Pentax Forum Moderator

Rick, I'm of the opinion to keep it to a 24 hour period. The whole point IS one day to see what the world is doing on that day. Yes there are people who will not be able to join in and then there are others who do too much...btw...can I post 300 pics in the other thread??? hehehe j/k....I don't know if I could do another 3 hour trek...this old body barely made it today!!!!
    Anyway...I all for another 24 hour period later on...just keep me up to date and I will gladly join in!!!!
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Thanks Larry and Ken

I know you guys put your heart and souls into this project. I love you guys for all the work you did. Ken, I expect to see 300 pictures in the next couple days!

I'm going to go ahead and do another one soon. I think there's momentum going and I also think a couple of people either forgot or weren't able to participate for various reasons. The last thing I want to do is belittle the original project. But I think a second one soon will let the rest of the group participate as well. As long as everyone understands that this is it until the fall!

I don't expect everyone to participate in the next one. If you choose to, that's great, but I know it's a lot of work. I myself sat in front of the computer all day refreshing the thread so I could see who was going to post next So I think the follow-up might be a little lower-key. We might just get to sit back relax

Thanks again guys for all your work!!
    Walter Rick Long

I worked a double today, so my few hours of off time were spent asleep. I told my kiddos that they were in charge of making sure my wife took some pics for the thread, but I have not seen what has been shot.

If there is anything good, I will post them tomorrow.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by STinGa
    I worked a double today, so my few hours of off time were spent asleep. I told my kiddos that they were in charge of making sure my wife took some pics for the thread, but I have not seen what has been shot.

If there is anything good, I will post them tomorrow.
    There is plenty of time to post in the original - it's still going.

And don't forget - we're having another one this weekend - Friday midnight until Saturday midnight. So you have lots of opportunity - I hope you have some time off.

Liz

Thread Information