ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: 2 models Vs 1

2 models Vs 1

So this Monday I am going to go do a shoot with a friend of mine and she wanted to model a little bit, But her friend also wants to go with, How can I put them both in a shot without having the focus on one or the other? Or is it better to have them separate? Most of the pictures i have seen on here are one model, I have not seen that many of two models.
    Any ideas would be great.
    "Go Fast, Turn Left, Repeat"

Re: 2 models Vs 1

And I just got a hold of a 1958 Bel Air that I need to put into the shots too.
    "Go Fast, Turn Left, Repeat"

I get better shots with just one but that is me. Try doing a combination of shots taking suggestions from one while shooting the other then get them together. Just my thoughts, I also find singular model shots more appealing again that is just me.

How can I be lost
    If I've got nowhere to go?

Sony a55 16-50mm 2.8 ssm Minolta 50mm 70-300 dt 5.6

Just look at current photos with two models and learn from that. Do separate shots and then put them together. It's a good time to learn and not to avoid the challenge. Be mindful of lighting on both persons.
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

You may have to put a bit more thought into the composition, but it's not really that much harder. If you need inspiration, pick up any of the fashion magazines, browse the ads and features, and see how the pros handle this scenario (W, Vogue, Elle, etc...)

Here's a couple examples of stuff I've done w/ 2 models, but it all depends on location, props, and of course, what the models are comfortable with:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2 models Vs 1-julia-cassidy5737_800px.jpg   2 models Vs 1-_dsf5919-version-2.jpg  

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

Why ruin a perfectly good shot of a '58 Chev... Chev... *Chevrolet* with people?
    Seriously, though, I can't tell you how to shoot it, but experiment, experiment, experiment...
    Megan

Join me on Facebook!
    Twitter: @ponycargirl

Thread Information