ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: New here

New here

Hi everyone, Didnt know Where to post this I have a reble XTI , Great camera,great pics. post some later That I took over the weekend Right now i want to explain what I want to do then ask a Question. ok i want to take my sons senior pics next summer so the question is,where can i get a baby pic that I have put in the back ground of a senior pic. anybody know where this can be done?:thumbsup

Thanks everyone im new to all of this even the posting:

Re: New here

Welcome to the forum Ruthiep.
    I'm sure you will enjoy it here as much as I do.
    One of the best things I ever did was joining this site. The community spirit here is second to none.
    I look forward to seeing some of your work :thumbsup:

Thanks

For the welcome But i also need help w/ That question So if anyone out there can point me in thr right direction I would be greatful

Thanks Again

What you are talking about is a digital background. You would take the senior portrait on a green or blue (really any color that the subject does not have would work) background and then use a graphics editor program to delete the blue/green background and paste the result over the digital background.

As to where you could get a baby picture, how about scanning a baby picture of the person in the photo? That would be best and no hassles with copyrights etc.
    My blog - Photography Rulez

'Slim' - K10D and *ist DL w/ SMCP DA 70mm 2.4 Limited, SMCP-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, SMC M 28mm f/2.8, SMC M 50mm f/1.7, and Tamron AF75-300mm f/4-5.6 LD Macro
    Slim of the Clan O'Canon - A1 w/ FD 28, 50, 70-210 & Sigma 500/1000 f8/f16

That would be my exact suggestion too. Scan a baby picture of your son and layer either the face over the new image OR layer the new image over the baby picture. You can do this yourself if you feel like learning Photoshop a little bit. I do no know of any places where that particular service is offered but I am sure if you cannot find any or if you cannot do it on your own, that there are enough people on here that will be able to help you out with either pointers OR with a solution of who to send/take it to.
    Shooting with an Olympus Evolt E-510 and loving it

Equipment list:
    Olympus Evolt E-3, E-620, E-500
    Olympus Zuiko 40 - 150 F4.0 - 5.6
    Olympus Zuiko 14 - 45 F 2.8 - 3.6
    Sigma 50 - 500 F 4.0 - 6.3
    Sigma 70 - 200 F2.8
    Olympus FL-38 Flash x2
    Vivitar 285 HV
    Better Beamer Flash Extender

http://www.jdtimages.ca/

A Photographer that is fluent in Sarcasm.

Thanks

You all are so helpful but i dont have photoshop yet hope to soon & thank all of you I will sure get back to you all and take your offer for help I would really like to do it all myself.

thanks again:blush2:

You know how to get to Carnegie Hall - practice, practice, practice...

Seriously, there is a learning curve to photography and post processing (handling the image in Photoshop, for example). Look at Photoshop Elements 5.0 as a very good program that will take care of probably all of your needs at this point. Some day you may want to upgrade to Photoshop CS3 or whatever is available down the road but it's much more expensive. I'd also recommend starting with Scott Kelby's Photoshop Elements 5 for Digital Photographers to help learn the practical uses of it.

As your skills progress, the quality of your images will too - with both photographing and post processing. Another good book series is the National Geographic Photography Field Guide: People and Portraits. Lots of good info in there.

Thread Information